Here’s a summary of some of the things I learned and published this week.
You can follow my daily readings as they happen here. Below are a selected few, with commentary, from the past week.
- If you’re looking for some way to rename your home network, check these out. My daughter’s is “Free Viruses”
- Canada and the United States are not on the same page for the reopening of the longest, friendliest border in the world
- I think that including “Googling” as a skill on a job application is a stretch but maybe it’s what they were looking for
- In Canada, we’re anguishing over the history of residential institutions but the United States has a history in this as well
- This post took me back to the good old days of gaming where everything was done in blocks
- This is good news for dog owners in LaSalle and those who live in neighbouring communities with dogs
- The Cleveland baseball team has a new name and it’s about time
- Teachers, parents, children all are asking this question
- If only the provincial government was as wise as the province’s nurses who understand what is needed for the fall
- We’ve been creating the classroom of tomorrow for as long as I can remember – here’s a current look
- I suspect that it will be a couple of years before face to face conferences return and even then, the rules will be different
- The “other” university in the city of Waterloo will be taking a look at its namesake – could they return to the name Waterloo Lutheran University?
- This is an incredible collection of images from Olympic Summer games from the past. Some of the outfits would hardly pass as athletic apparel these days
- It has been snowing in Brazil and many are seeing it for the first time. It’s hard to imagine but pictures don’t lie
Blog Posts on
doug — off the record
My daily contributions to this blog are linked below. If you’re looking for a week in review for doug–off the record, you came to the right place.
- Sunday – My Week Ending July 25, 2021
- Weekly summary of things around here
- Monday – Windows on an iPad
- Things could get bizarrely different
- Tuesday – People should know better
- Smart people will wait and see how Windows 11 rolls out. Others, not so much and put themselves in danger
- Wednesday – About me
- An update to this page had been long time coming
- Thursday – Connections and appreciation
- Just how we’re connected has changed
- Friday – This Week in Ontario Edublogs
- My weekly look at seven blog posts from around the province
- Saturday – Only you
- A blog post inspired by a cigarette butt
- Sunday – Whatever happened to … ?
- A weekly fun post to try to get you to reflect on things and share your thoughts
#FollowFriday – July 30, 2021
Guest Elizabeth Lyons joined the voicEd Radio show this week. In addition to a brave blog post on her behalf, we took a look at a lot of things through the eyes of this wonderful teacher-librarian
- Elizabeth Lyons – @mrslyonslibrary
- Helen DeWaard – @hj_dewaard
- Lisa Corbett – @LisaCorbett0261
- Jessica Outram – @jessicaoutram
- Alanna King – @banana29
- Deborah Weston – @DPAWestonPhD
- Peter Beens – @pbeens
All of the podcasts are archived here. The show is broadcast LIVE almost every Wednesday morning at 8:45 on voicEd Radio.
Every week, Stephen Hurley has complained that he can hear an intermittent hum from my audio feed when we do the “This Week in Ontario Edublogs” show.
I’m guessing that it might be the fan coming on on my computer.
I looked around and I had a paper coaster from Rickard’s Red beer and put the base of the microphone on it. His complaining has stopped.
Have I found a solution or is he just mellow this summer?
Video of the Week
Not good news and yet there are still those that refuse to get vaccinated.
Photo of the Week
Great advice from a friend who is now at a distance.
Thanks for reading.
Please join me daily for something new and, hopefully, interesting for you. I honestly and truthfully appreciate your few moments reading my thoughts. Time willing, this summary appears every Sunday afternoon.
This blog post was originally posted at: