Here’s a summary of some of the things I learned and published this week.
You can follow my daily readings as they happen here. Below are a selected few, with commentary, from the past week. They’re posted to the blog daily under the title OTR Links.
- Where I went to university – Kitchener and Waterloo are fabulous places to visit in the fall and not just for Oktoberfest
- A really disturbing report about vaping in a Scarborough school and I’ve heard that it’s the same thing around here
- Insights about the interesting Google Dino Game – Simpson’s style
- This is an interesting thought about innovation – you don’t always have to start from scratch
- The price of housing in Toronto is just crazy
- Now, we’ll find out how good the Toronto Blue Jays really are when the border restrictions are removed
- What happens when teaching doesn’t get easier over time?
- This has been a week all about hurricanes – here’s a thought about Ian
- If there ever was a question that Google is everywhere, you need to check this out
- Supposedly another article about the new events in the Windows 11 update – I can’t get excited about this. Could we just have the ability to move the taskbar to the left side of teh screen?
- When hackers get student information, we should be worried and I hope all school boards are investigating their security procedures
- The Jetson’s actually had a number of appliances that we use today and they predicted them so long ago
- If this story doesn’t warm your heart, I don’t know what will
- What Windsor and Essex County schools did for the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
Blog Posts on
doug — off the record
My daily contributions to this blog are linked below. If you’re looking for a week in review for doug–off the record, you came to the right place.
- Sunday – My Week Ending September 25, 2022
- Monday – A new game from Google
- Tuesday – An Interview with Will Gourley
- Wednesday – All kinds of music
- Thursday – Making a design
- Friday – This Week in Ontario Edublogs
- Saturday – The Guyitt Homestead
- Sunday – Whatever happened to … ?
#FollowFriday – September 30, 2022
This Week in Ontario Edublogs is a blog post/show/podcast that features great writing from Ontario Edubloggers. Stephen Hurley and I use their writing as the basis for a conversation.
- Amanda Hardy
- Will Gourley – @WillGourley
- Diana Maliszewski – @MzMollyTL
- Deanna McLennan – @McLennan1977
- Doug McDowall – @dougzone2_1
- Lisa Anne Floyd – @lisaannefloyd
- Steven Floyd – @stevenpfloyd
- Diane Kim
This week’s voicEd Radio show:
Yesterday was an interesting experience. As I’m sure we all have done, I’ve accumulated quite a collection of cables over the years. My wife keeps bugging me to throw them away but I just know that I’ll need one some day.
It turns out that yesterday was the day.
I was positive that I had the cable I needed but I searched everywhere and somehow I didn’t.
I’m visiting The Boy later today so hopefully can steal one from him.
Video of the Week
This has been happening in Point Pelee this past week.
Photo of the Week
My date and I for a wedding on Saturday.
Thanks for reading.
Please join me daily for something new and, hopefully, interesting for you. I honestly and truthfully appreciate your few moments reading my thoughts. Time willing, this summary appears every Sunday afternoon.
This blog post was originally posted at: