For 2013, it’s interesting to take a look at what’s new and what’s gone. Sadly, Rockmelt is gone. The product was purchased by Yahoo! and supposedly the product will have impact on their ongoing services. I hope that it comes out as Yahoo! Rockmelt or something. I even made reference to it during my presentation at #ECOO13 as a good luck omen. Still waiting. For 2013, here are 10 more apps that I’ve added and use regularly.
- Mailbox – I was inspired by the claim to get your Gmail box down to zero. It actually does help although it seems to quickly fill up again.
- HelloSign – I actually needed this application. I was asked to preview a app under development and needed to sign a non-disclosure form and was recommended this one.
- Bee-Bot – Ever wonder what a floor robot might look like on an iPad?
- Hopscotch – Ever wonder what a Scratch-like programming environment might look like on an iPad?
- Candy Crush Saga – I wondered what all the hubbub was about this application so I downloaded it to investigate. Now, I’m hooked and have been stuck at level 125 for a couple of weeks now.
- Cloudart – I wanted to have an application that would allow me to create word clouds on the iPad. This commercial application became free and I grabbed it and haven’t regretted it.
- Coast – From the folks at Opera, it’s best described as how a browser for a tablet should be. It’s quickly become my browser of choice.
- Quickoffice – For times when you’re not at the traditional keyboard, it’s nice to be able to edit documents. I like the integration with Google Drive.
- OfficeHD – Another office productivity suite – this one I paid for and just can’t bring myself to delete it! I waffle between it and Quickoffice.
- Twittelator – As I write this post, I can’t believe that I’ve never talked about Twittelator. It was one of the first Twitter browsers that I used on the iPad and I continue to use it daily as my first choice. For what I do, it’s perfect.
- Mobility on the iPad (shoretel.com)
- 10 Starter iPad Apps, 2012 Version (dougpete.wordpress.com)
- 10 Starter iPad Apps (dougpete.wordpress.com)
- 10 Starter iPad Applications (dougpete.wordpress.com)