Here’s a summary of some of the things I learned and published this week.
You can follow my daily readings as they happen here. Below are a selected few, with commentary, from the past week. They’re posted to the blog under the title OTR Links.
- If you’re doing some research about what computer to buy for students as they return to school, this article might help
- We’ve been working on getting assessment right for years, decades, centuries – maybe it’s time to avoid exams
- Our local hospital is going to start publically tracking the vaccination status of patients
- Eight ways to check out that website that you used to use a long time ago – it was fun tracking down old newspapers
- These invoices from the Ontario Conservatives originally looked like just another false bit of social media until we found out they weren’t
- This quite a good collection of information for parents whose child may be the youngest in any classroom
- It was bound to happen – the news media only has a certain amount of time and reporters so some things get ignored
- Toronto bans indoor singing or assembles this upcoming school years
- The term “stalkerware” is becoming more familiar – here’s how to find and remove it from your devices
- The MPP from Chatham-Kent-Leamington says he’s not going to be vaccinated as ordered by Doug Ford
- Three of our town managers are now longer employed by us. Details to follow perhaps
- Important information about Delta and how kids are at risk
- I used “God Mode” a long time ago. It’s an interesting way to tweek and get more from Windows. Now, do it in Windows 10
- Not a good piece of information for Microsoft – people are not liking the look of Windows 11
Blog Posts on
doug — off the record
My daily contributions to this blog are linked below. If you’re looking for a week in review for doug–off the record, you came to the right place.
- Sunday – My Week Ending August 15, 2021
- Weekly summary of things around here
- Monday – Barely worn
- What you see on Marketplace when you’re not really looking
- Tuesday – Funnies museum
- A place to check out cartoons before they became graphic novels
- Wednesday – Another throwback tangent
- Sue Bruyns sent me looking for Carmen Sandiego
- Thursday – Evolving π
- Pi through the years of education
- Friday – This Week in Ontario Edublogs
- My weekly look at seven blog posts from around the province
- Saturday – Music via PLN
- My thoughts about an election during the fourth wave
- Sunday – Whatever happened to … ?
- A weekly fun post to try to get you to reflect on things and share your thoughts
#FollowFriday – August 20, 2021
Paul McGuire was the guest host for This Week in Ontario Edublogs and shared a musical and principal perspective on things
- Paul McGuire – @mcguirp
- Lisa Corbett – @LisaCorbett0261
- Matthew Morris – @callmemrmorris
- Dave Cormier – @davecormier
- Tina Bergman – @blyschuk
- Heather Lye – @MsHLye
This week’s show:
All of the podcasts are archived here. The show is broadcast LIVE almost every Wednesday morning at 8:45 on voicEd Radio.
When turning it off and then on again and it doesn’t work…
Use the internet to find out the next step – do a factory reset.
I hate doing a factory reset on anything because that means doing some research and finding everything that you want to have installed. It also implies that the technology screwed up because I did something.
On the other hand, it now works…
Video of the Week
Will he be allowed in the legislature?
Photo of the Week
The dock at Colchester is never the same.
Thanks for reading.
Please join me daily for something new and, hopefully, interesting for you. I honestly and truthfully appreciate your few moments reading my thoughts. Time willing, this summary appears every Sunday afternoon.
This blog post was originally posted at: