Here’s a summary of some of the things I learned and published this week.
You can follow my daily readings as they happen here. Below are a selected few, with commentary, from the past week.
- As the new school year looms, so does the discussion about mindsets. This time, it’s about new teachers.
- For the fan boys and girls, here’s how to clean your Apple credit card because goodness knows you don’t want to buy your next over-priced computer with a dirty one.
- I always appreciate these posts that include “hidden” features for a product. There’s not hidden necessarily; I just haven’t found them.
- I never used a behaviour chart. I never felt the need. I doubt that it would do anything more than serve as a challenge for secondary school students.
- I think that there’s a big sense that the “new” sex education curriculum isn’t terribly different from the original.
- Is nothing sacred from tampering from the bad guys? In this case, how do you keep them out of your calendar?
- This should be your back-to-school feel good story if you are in search of one.
- Libraries are fighting to prove their value to all segments of society. In Philadelphia, they’re reaching out to bakers.
- If you’re looking for alternatives for the Google Chrome browser, here are seven. As for me, at this moment, I’m using Brave.
- This might actually have been a topic for “Whatever happened to…” but now they’re coming back.
- In this whole area of privacy concerns, I’ve often wondered why some bad person hasn’t made the recordings available for download. Maybe we’re just not as interesting as we think we are.
- Interesting opinion articles about Doug Ford’s classroom. Part 1 Part 2
- I wonder how big an impact that a change in CEO will make for the Mozilla Foundation.
- In this collection of 42, there has to be a tool or two that you didn’t know existed.
Blog Posts on doug … off the record
My daily contributions to this blog.
- Sunday – My Week Ending August 25, 2019
- Monday – Chromium Edge
- Tuesday – Planning and sharing
- Wednesday – Just in time
- Thursday – Virtual desks
- Friday – This Week in Ontario Edublogs
- Saturday – More customizations
- Sunday – Whatever happened to … ring tones?
#FollowFriday – August 27, 2019
My on demand radio page can be found here.
This week’s show – https://soundcloud.com/voiced-radio/this-week-in-ontario-edublogs-august-27 with special guest host Beth Lyons.
Blog posts this week came from:
I’m writing this on Saturday and it’s the end of the month. Around here, I have a routine for the last of the month. I still have one of those accounts where there is a limited amount of data.
So, there are a few gigs left so I’m going around and updating all my computers and also I got around to doing something that I’ve meant to do for a while.
I updated my Garmin portable GPS unit. Maybe it’s from a time gone by but I get free maps for life so why not take advantage? Sadly, the GPS in my new car doesn’t get updated that way. I have to pay money to update the maps. So, for a lot of time, the little tracker on the unit is in the middle of a field.
Maybe I should get a holder and just use the maps on my phone.
Video of the Week
My earworm for the week…
Photo of the Week
Somebody dragging this out of the Detroit River and left it and its hangers on on the path at the King’s Navy Yard. Interesting look and discover moment.
Thanks for reading. Please join me daily for something new and, hopefully, interesting.
This blog post was originally posted at:
If you find it anywhere else, it’s not original.