Here’s a summary of some of the things I learned and published this week.
You can follow my daily readings as they happen here. Below are a selected few, with commentary, from the past week.
- This is a lesson to be learned about digital rights management. I wonder how many people will be affected.
- The concept of the home assistant just doesn’t go away. Here are some tips about using Google Home.
- If you have kids and are looking for entertainment this summer, here are 100 suggestions.
- Maybe, but I still like the concept of reading the book.
- I totally agree with this premise. But, ethics shouldn’t be limited to just computer science students.
- So, we’re starting to see ideas that Microsoft will add onto Chromium as they actively do try to take on Chrome as your favourite browser. The winners? Us, with a better browser.
- If you’re into virtual reality, you would be interested in this project.
- Increasingly, we’re starting to question the values of grades. As noted in this article, they don’t apply in real life, whatever that is.
- Privacy suggestions for the Macintosh. You can never be too safe.
- Even if you’re not stuck in an office, these suggestions would be interesting to add to your summer holidaying.
- These are interesting questions. The concept of a test to be a Canadian is interesting to me. What is a Canadian after all?
- I know Ben! I look forward to seeing him at CSTA this week and I’m interested in attending his session.
- I bought my Chromebook without even knowing about the concept that Google is eventually going to stop supporting it. It only makes sense but if you’re in the market, check that you’re getting something that will be around for a while.
- The Apple fan boys won’t like this post but I think that Jim talks very nicely about the difference between Scratch and Swift Playgrounds in the classroom.
Blog Posts on doug … off the record
My daily contributions to this blog.
- Sunday – My Week Ending June 30, 2019
- Monday – Happy Canada Day!
- Tuesday – How I work
- Wednesday – Population clock
- Thursday – Bad news
- Friday – This Week in Ontario Edublogs
- Saturday – Entertain me
- Sunday – Whatever happened to … Continental Airlines?
#FollowFriday – June 21, 2019
My on demand radio page can be found here.
Opening song this week:
Blog posts this week came from:
I was pleased this morning when I woke up in Phoenix and my Sunday morning post had gone through at the right time. I hope that I can remember to do it all week if I’m able to right.
Right now, it’s Sunday morning and I don’t have to be at the conference centre to get set up until 8:00am. My phone shows a split screen that it’s 5:37 local and 8:37 home.
So, doing the math, if this is to appear at 17:00, I need to schedule it for 14:00.
Why am I having trouble with this?
I guess we all have our own personal demons and I’ve made a commitment to myself to write and publish on schedule. Wish me luck.
Video of the Week
Photo of the Week
For entertainment, we went to the Diamondbacks baseball game. Fortunately, it was indoors!
You’ll note that the excitement of baseball doesn’t override the urge to check messages.
Please join me daily and I hope that you check in next Sunday for a summary of my week.Thanks for reading.
This blog post was originally posted at:
If you find it anywhere else, it’s not original.