Here’s a summary of some of the things I learned and published this week.
You can follow my daily readings as they happen here. Below are a selected few, with commentary, from the past week.
- A Tall Dark Stranger adds gold to his collection. Watching the replay shows how easily it was done.
- This would be a great exercise for any Business education class. Go ahead and BackRub, er, Google the original names to find out why they changed.
- There are a lot of good reasons to use the Brave web browser. Many of them are captured in this article.
- Here’s a standard for classroom design. Does yours have all 12 of these things? Why not?
- The article identifies these extensions specifically for struggling students but they’re good for everyone.
- If you’re a map lover like me, you’ll spend way too much time discovering the visual content shown here.
- I’m not sure that I would trust any salesperson to provide this advice for me. Some of the arguments seem kind of old school to me.
- I’ve played around with many different launchers for Linux and I’ve come to take a liking to Cinnamon. Here are some tips.
- We are not alone. Scientific proof. Well, more like speculation but interesting to read and opportunity to wonder.
- I’m actually glad that the links to the sources for some of these dangerous distros wasn’t given. I’m the type of person that might check them out.
- I have been playing around with the Developer version of Chromium Edge and quite like it. Now, it moves to Beta.
- If you read the news and believe then you probably will agree that turnabout is fair play.
- This needs to be read everywhere. Discoveries and invention by women that ended up being claimed by men.
- I haven’t tried this password keeper by Mozilla. It probably should be added to my to-do list.
Blog Posts on doug … off the record
My daily contributions to this blog.
- Sunday – My Week Ending August 18, 2019
- Monday – Guilty until proved innocent
- Tuesday – Climate data
- Wednesday – All about the weather
- Thursday – An interesting graphic utility
- Friday – This Week in Ontario Edublogs
- Saturday – Get it but don’t use it
- Sunday – Whatever happened to … real pinball machines?
#FollowFriday – August 23, 2019
My on demand radio page can be found here.
This week’s show – https://soundcloud.com/voiced-radio/this-week-in-ontario-edublogs-with-doug-peterson-august-21 with special guest host Lynn Thomas.
Blog posts this week came from:
My walking partner and I had an interesting technology moment this morning. It’s funny now but sure wasn’t at the time.
Eventually, high speed internet is coming to our neighbourhood. We have a pole in the front lawn to prove it. But, down at the intersection, the line will be buried. So, the contractors have been digging holes and running cables. (At least that’s what we’re hoping; we just see miles of orange!) When they’re done digging, they fill the hole and plant some grass seed.
So, we’re there just doing our early morning walking thing. Unbeknownst to us, there was a lady with a bathrobe and slippers on and she was out to turn on her lawn sprinklers for the new grass. In the best of ready, fire, aim, she turns the water on and then moves the sprinkler heads so that she’s not watering the road or a guy and his dog who happened to be walking along.
Video of the Week
Great dog walking music.
Photo of the Week
Such a sad picture to see the green algae floating on top of a beautiful blue Lake Erie at Cedar Island Beach.
Thanks for reading. Please join me daily for something new and, hopefully, interesting.
This blog post was originally posted at:
If you find it anywhere else, it’s not original.