Here’s a summary of some of the things I learned and published this week.
You can follow my daily readings as they happen here. Below are a selected few, with commentary, from the past week.
- So, I have both Opera and Chrome installed on this computer – among others. Here’s a comparison of those two.
- Here’s something about AI and security. This time, it’s about Walmart but it makes you wonder how many other companies are doing this as well.
- I enjoyed reading about these secrets from McDonald’s employees. Some of these I suspected, others I had no idea.
- If you’ve got a soft spot about education like me, you may find some of these stories bringing a tear or two.
- I think this is a great marketing scheme on the part of McDonald’s. I almost feel bad that it exploded on them!
- I would guess that many people think that Google will support their Chromebook until the end of time. Nothing could be further from the truth. Find out when your support ends.
- All employers have rules about things you can and cannot do on the job. Here’s some from Microsoft.
- That does it. No more nude sunbathing for me.
- This is one of those “30 Things” posts that you see all the time. In this case, I’d be up to eating my way through the list.
- Everything you ever wanted to know about the new Windows terminal. I wonder how many people even use terminal any more.
- There are two things about this – first of all, it’s funny to think that people would follow driving instructions that didn’t make sense and didn’t any of these people look ahead of them?
- If you’ll let Google get you stuck in the middle of nowhere, I guess you’ll let it predict how many people will be on your bus.
- It’s good to see that Microsoft is bringing tracking protection to Edge. It will up the ante for all developers to do the same.
- A funny to read and yet believable stream of comments from a librarian.
Blog Posts on doug … off the record
My daily contributions to this blog.
- Sunday – My Week Ending June 23, 2019
- Monday – Summer Jobs
- Tuesday – #ECOOcamp Peterborough
- Wednesday – ISTE 2019 Resources
- Thursday – TMI
- Friday – This Week in Ontario Edublogs
- Saturday – When it’s got to be right
- Sunday – Whatever happened to … penny bubble gum?
#FollowFriday – June 21, 2019
My on demand radio page can be found here.
Opening song this week:
Blog posts this week came from:
This is a strange one that I’ve yet to find a solution for and so suggestions are most welcome.
It comes in the category of intermittent which is the worst to trouble shoot.
Recently, when I put my computer to sleep or shut it down immediately, there’s this annoying hum that comes from the powered speakers. If it happened all the time, I’d point my finger to the speakers themselves.
But, it only happens once in a while.
Video of the Week
Photo of the Week
It’s fish fly season in Essex County. They really got in the road of a trip to Leamington yesterday. I know they’re called all kinds of things in various locations. They appear for a week or two in June/July and then are gone, leaving collections of overweight seagulls.
Please join me daily and I hope that you check in next Sunday for a summary of my week.Thanks for reading.
This blog post was originally posted at:
If you find it anywhere else, it’s not original.
Please share your thoughts here. I’d enjoy reading them.