Here’s a summary of some of the things I learned and published this week.
You can follow my daily readings as they happen here. Below are a selected few, with commentary, from the past week.
- As well it should. This Google decision may be the biggest thing that’s happened to Opera, Brave, Vivaldo, Firefox, and maybe Edge.
- I’ve always had this paranoia ever since I started using computers with microphones and cameras. How do you ever really know that you’re alone?
- I think the worst thing I ever saw in my classroom was a spider or two. I’m so much luckier than this Florida school.
- Grab these posters (they’re free) for your classroom bulletin boards, windows, etc.
- This is a brave newspaper article from a laid off teacher from Parry Sound. It would be good if more would do this and flood the media. Perhaps the federations could pay for articles.
- If you’ve ever wondered how long the Queen has been head of state, this timeline against US presidents will but it into perspective for you.
- If you’re interested in a leadership position with a subject council, read this.
- I suspect that the term “best” would be up for challenge for many but if you’re bored and want some very good streaming content, check this out.
- Every web browser should be doing this. Kudos to Firefox for their efforts. I hope that this leads the way.
- I just wish that I had a bunch of $1 000 bills tucked away that I could contribute to this recall.
- I wonder if this would make Google a co-conspirator if you get a ticket for looking at your phone while driving.
- If you’re looking for advice for how much that iPad should be used as a babysitter, read this.
- I’m a sucker for these “Cheat Sheets“. I always tend to find something new in there. Isn’t that what learning’s about?
- Details about Stadia appear. I don’t have the bandwidth. Do you?
Blog Posts on doug … off the record
My daily contributions to this blog.
- Sunday – My Week Ending June 2, 2019
- Monday – Mindlessness leads to …
- Tuesday – What next?
- Wednesday – From here to there
- Thursday – Royalty at the Abbey
- Friday – This Week in Ontario Edublogs
- Saturday – Just not today
- Sunday – Whatever happened to … Pantry Cookies?
#FollowFriday – May 24, 2019
My on demand radio page can be found here.
Opening song this week:
The latest #TWIOE show features blog posts from:
It was a bizarre check.
I went to use an application on my phone and it refused to work because it said that the version installed was out of date. Not normally a biggie. I went to the Play Store to do the update.
It turned out there were 23 apps waiting to be updated. Wow.
So, I tried to kick start it but they wouldn’t come through. I did what I always do – tapped harder but still nothing.
On a whim, I turned off the VPN on my phone and everything started downloading.
Lesson learned. Not understood completely, but learned.
Video of the Week
For Stephen, a story in a song…
Photo of the Week
Kudos to the town of Leamington. As part of their repaving work, they’ve made the ultimate accessible parking.
Please join me daily and I hope that you check in next Sunday for a summary of my week.Thanks for reading.
This blog post was originally posted at:
If you find it anywhere else, it’s not original.