Here’s a summary of some of the things I learned and published this week.
You can follow my daily readings as they happen here. Below are a selected few, with commentary, from the past week.
- Without a doubt, this had to be the favourite after school show and then movies in our house. I was totally amazed with the utility belt. Who knew there was shark repellent. Oh, and who can forget the batusi?
- After David Garlick inspired me with his reference to a Juliet balcony, I had to do some research and found this.
- So, Scheer is OK with racism if they apologize but an apology from Trudeau won’t be enough.
- You had to know that this was coming. Can’t use Windows 10 so head off to Linux. I wonder if any other manufacturers will do the same.
- I wouldn’t have the patience to go over and over Earth images but I guess we’re lucky that there are others who do.
- Indeed – how do you know what you don’t know. This article will have you thinking and getting better.
- This is a terrific list of home maintenance and remedies for things that you should know about. 50 of them.
- The most inspirational idea for a bookmark that I’ve seen in a while. Who would have thought to use a taco? Mmmmm tacos.
- The television commercials make reverse mortgages sound so appealing. Here are some details. I think you need to ask yourself why banks don’t offer them.
- At this point in time, I can’t imagine my life without a headphone jack. I have invested too much in headsets. So, here’s a list of phones that still have one.
- If you’re a Google Drive user, there has to be something in this article that you don’t know.
- I worked with a superintendent who had some very insightful thoughts about school design. Sadly, now that he’s retired, we’re back to square boxes.
- Here’s a story of a bird who is really off track. Pelican in Nova Scotia? Wow.
- If this smart watch can be sold for $25 and make a profit, I think we all need to wonder why the Apple Watch is so expensive.
- AN EDUCATOR’S GUIDE TO UNDERSTANDING INDIGENOUS CONTENT IN K–12 CLASSROOMS
Blog Posts on doug … off the record
My daily contributions to this blog.
- Sunday – My Week Ending September 15, 2019
- Monday – I wish I’d done this sooner
- Tuesday – Just another change
- Wednesday – They had books back then?
- Thursday – Decisions, decisions
- Friday – This Week in Ontario Edublogs
- Saturday – A community service idea
- Sunday – Whatever happened to … eating lunch at the Woolworth’s lunch counter?
#FollowFriday – September 18, 2019
My on demand radio page can be found here.
This week’s show:
Blog posts this week came from:
I suspect that there were a lot of people in a bit of a panic this past week with the news that Lastpass had a bug in it that allowed a malicious website to scoop up a password.
The Google Project Zero was the one to break the news.
Now, normally, I appreciate it when we find out stories like that. The problem is that the programmers at Lastpass had fixed the issues and pushed it to all of the users.
Yet, the stories of doom and gloom stayed up and kept coming into my news feed.
It makes you wonder if a responsible technology news agency shouldn’t update or even remove their stories of impending doom.
Video of the Week
I blame Turner Classic Movies for enlightening me about this series.
Photo of the Week
It was a strange looking sunrise yesterday.
Thanks for reading. Please join me daily for something new and, hopefully, interesting.
This blog post was originally posted at:
If you find it anywhere else, it’s not original.