Here’s a summary of some of the things I learned and published this week.
You can follow my daily readings as they happen here. Below are a selected few, with commentary, from the past week. They’re posted to the blog under the title OTR Links.
- This is good information that everyone should know – how do you clear your browser – many browsers covered
- Not good news if you work at Windsor Assembly Plant, it’s going to be shut down again – maybe we should drop computer chips from minivans!
- Privacy should be everyone’s concern when you’re online – here are settings for Chrome, Firefox and more
- I had to smile – if I had the money to buy any of these cars, I really wouldn’t be all that concerned about the actual price
- I think it’s comforting to see that some of the vaccines that we’re using are now appropriate for teenagers – take it
- I’m so impressed with the NFL and them taking one of their winter games and playing it outside – this time Hamilton with Leafs and Sabres playing
- Because they are – and here’s the real reason why hyperlinks are blue
- The million dollar question for so many of us – how long will that vaccine work?
- The local Catholic school board is expecting teachers to teach in a hybrid situation this fall
- Road trip! Well, not for me but for some
- Hospitals around here are going to sack you if you’re an employee and are not vaccinated
- This video from ABBA has been going viral
- A nice tribute to the vision and action of David Moursund.
- An interesting article about principals improving schools but there are so many “ifs” these days
Blog Posts on
doug — off the record
My daily contributions to this blog are linked below. If you’re looking for a week in review for doug–off the record, you came to the right place.
- Sunday – My Week Ending August 29, 2021
- Weekly summary of things around here
- Monday – Roller coaster riding
- If you’re curious, you can do it in a browser
- Tuesday – Bulletin boards
- Give your classroom class
- Wednesday – A model that doesn’t make sense to me
- My thoughts on two weeks on, two weeks off
- Thursday – Gratitude
- A shout out to the guest hosts for TWIOE radio show this summer
- Friday – This Week in Ontario Edublogs
- My weekly look at seven blog posts from around the province
- Saturday – 2021, right?
- My reaction to a message from Matthew Morris
- Sunday – Whatever happened to … ?
- A weekly fun post to try to get you to reflect on things and share your thoughts
#FollowFriday – September 3, 2021
Matthew Morris was the guest on This Week in Ontario Edublogs this week. We stumped him chatting about Bill Davis but everything else was right in his strike zone
- Matthew Morris – @callmemrmorris
- Diana Maliszewski – @MzMollyTL
- Laura Elliott – @lauraelliottPhD
- Charles Pascal – @CEPascal
- Seven Generations Education Institute – @7GenerationsEd
- Jessica Outram – @jessicaoutram
- Shawna Rothgeb-Bird – @rollforlearning
This week’s show:
All of the podcasts are archived here. The show is broadcast LIVE almost every Wednesday morning at 8:45 on voicEd Radio.
As noted above, I did something is a blog post for Saturday that I don’t do on this blog.
I just can’t believe that in 2021, Matthew Morris had to make the observation that he did recently.
Troubleshooting? It’s something that can be and should be at every opportunity troubleshot in schools. As Diana Maliszewski notes:
Video of the Week
I’m a sucker for videos like this.
Photo of the Week
There’s nothing happier than a dog off the leash, walking/sniffing the trail.
Thanks for reading.
Please join me daily for something new and, hopefully, interesting for you. I honestly and truthfully appreciate your few moments reading my thoughts. Time willing, this summary appears every Sunday afternoon.
This blog post was originally posted at: