Here’s a summary of some of the things I learned and published this week.
You can follow my daily readings as they happen here. Below are a selected few, with commentary, from the past week.
- Yes, I was surprised that Windows is going to support Linux to the level that it plans. We always knew that Chrome was based on Linux. Year on the desktop?
- And, if the future scares you, just go ahead and go retro with Windows 95.
- Here’s an opportunity to be part of the Computer leadership within the province of Ontario.
- I worry when “stores” for operating systems go away. When you go to the story, there’s at least a sense of security.
- So, SoftRAM gets a shout out in this story but not in a good way. Do you ever wonder how many other products were/are like this?
- If you were ever curious about how much money it takes to run a school system, imagine having to cut $67.8 Million dollars and still function?
- In my opinion, the very best audio recording software gets updated.
- This is an example of being scared about things on the cutting edge and having a sense of ethics. The scary part is that I’d bet not everyone would be this wary.
- News from my hometown. I never realized that it was “top secret” when I lived there. It was just the home at Adastral Park and we couldn’t go into the actual base.
- You’ve got to love librarians. They’re on the frontlines of so much. Warning – Language.
- Proof that you don’t always need a new app for that. Sometimes, you just need to dig into the tools that you already have at your disposal.
- And, I was silly enough to think that they just spent their time ruling, whatever that means.
- I’m pretty sure that you can’t check out most of these things from our local library. Maybe they need to up their game.
- Like cats? You’ll love these pictures.
Blog Posts on doug … off the record
My daily contributions to this blog.
- Sunday – My Week Ending May 12, 2019
- Monday – How fast can you go?
- Tuesday – Places to explore in VR
- Wednesday – Famous teachers
- Thursday – Riveting reading
- Friday – This Week in Ontario Edublogs
- Saturday –A safety checkup
- Sunday – Whatever happened to … live television audiences?
#FollowFriday – May 17, 2019
My on demand radio page can be found here.
Opening song this week:
The latest #TWIOE show features blog posts from:
I was pleasantly surprised that there weren’t too many errors in last week’s post. You’ll recall that I was on the road using a computer on my lap to do things.
This week, I’m back at home with my full sized keyboard plugged in, my mouse, and external monitor.
It makes things so much easier.
Just watch though, there’ll be mistakes.
I’m me, after all.
Video of the WeekWe lost a comedic genius this past week.
Photo of the Week
I love this picture. It was just supposed to be a picture of a family of geese at Sadler’s Pond in Essex. Instead, it turned into a nice picture showing the reflect in a calm pond. And, the Canada 150 bench in red! Almost artistic. So not me.
Please join me daily and I hope that you check in next Sunday for a summary of my week.
Thanks for reading.
This blog post was originally posted at:
If you find it anywhere else, it’s not original.
Please share your thoughts here. I’d enjoy reading them.