Often, you see parents who are trying to entertain children while in waiting rooms hand their smartphones to the child and let them play with it. What if there was something that would engage and, at the same time, educate?
There is with Rivet: Better Reading Practice.
How about access to over 2000 appropriate books? That’s what you get with this application.
I did a quick install to take a look at things and was so impressed.
The graphics in the stories are very well done and clicking on words are helpful for getting through those tough words!
The Google Play store lists these features…
– 2,000+ free, leveled children’s books
– 8 reading levels to grow with your reader
– Engaging, kid-friendly interface
– Tap on tricky words for help
– Rate, review, and save favorite books
– Browse categories or search by keyword
– Read books from your favorite YouTube creators
– Track reading practice
– Listening allows kids to practice reading out loud
– Earn badges and rewards by achieving milestones
– Choose one of our 8 fun avatars
– Personalized book recommendations
And, teachers, for use in the classroom? Check out the Educators page.
But my students don’t all have smartphones? I installed it here on my Chromebook and it works like a champ. Actually, it uses the entire screen better than many of the Android applications that I have installed.
If you’re in the market for an additional source of reading, check this out. You’re one download away from expanding your library.
And popping those balloons are fun too!