Happy Mothers Day!
Here’s a summary of some of the things I learned and published this week.
You can follow my daily readings as they happen here. Below are a selected few, with commentary, from the past week.
- Traditional productivity suites for computers still put Office as #1. But there are alternatives for the Macintosh.
- The answer to this question isn’t new. My mother absolutely did this to keep us going.
- The cuts in Ontario often seem like a personal bunch of paybacks. I wonder how the Premier did personally when he went to university?
- I guess this cutback should come as no surprise to anyone. How can we have a commitment to the environment if we’re not growing trees?
- With the concerns about privacy, it still remains a puzzle to me as to why more people aren’t using Opera and its free VPN.
- I’m impressed with the plans for the new Edge browser. I have it installed on my computer and quite like it.
- Click bait probably but it was interesting to see one person’s take on why Microsoft went this way with the browser.
- My wife would love it if someone would steal our kitchen. She could then redo things.
- I could live quite happily in a world with no passwords. How about you?
- Here we go again with the colour thing. This time the target is tennis balls.
- They always were based on Linux but now Chromebooks will have that feature right up front and in your face. This could be very interesting in schools.
- Back in the day, I loved messing around with Power Toys. Now, they’re going to make a return.
- I’m sure that there is some bias in the reporting but it’s still going to have some basis in truth and that basis is unbelievable.
- The Brave browser already does this. Why not ask them? Or, maybe there are bigger plans.
Blog Posts on doug … off the record
My daily contributions to this blog.
- Sunday – My Week Ending May 5, 2019
- Monday – How high?
- Tuesday – Who’s laughing now?
- Wednesday – Visualising things
- Thursday – Children’s books
- Friday – This Week in Ontario Edublogs
- Saturday –You need to learn more
- Sunday – Whatever happened to … live television audiences?
My on demand radio page can be found here.
Opening song this week:
The latest #TWIOE show features blog posts from:
Look for errors in this post.
I have a routine for my writing. It involves sitting in an office-like chair with my laptop plugged into a keyboard, mouse, and another monitor.
It’s so helpful when I’m writing a post like this with lots of links, images, editing, cropping, etc.
But I’m not at home with my full sized keyboard and oh so familiar mouse. I’m away for the weekend and just have a laptop. So, with all the regular formatting features missing, I’m doing my best with trackpad and shortcut keys.
I never thought that I’d miss my writing environment this much.
But I am.
Video of the Week
Photo of the Week
We’ve had our share of rain too and this guy might just have been looking for a place to dry out so he landed on our sidewalk. I posted the image to my Facebook account and got all kinds of responses. It’s a Fox Snake but sure looks like a rattlesnake and acts like one shaking its tail if you approach.
Please join me daily and I hope that you check in next Sunday for a summary of my week.
Thanks for reading.
This blog post was originally posted at:
If you find it anywhere else, it’s not original.
Please share your thoughts here. I’d enjoy reading them.