Here’s a summary of some of the things I learned and published this week.
You can follow my daily readings as they happen here. Below are a selected few, with commentary, from the past week. They’re posted to the blog daily under the title OTR Links.
- If you’re looking to walk on your holidays, here’s a top 10 list of walkable cities in Canada
- There’s a lot of noise from Microsoft about the death of the password – probably a good move for some
- I’ve been reading about designing the classroom of the future for years now – here’s another one
- I wish that I would have had the nerve to write a response to these student questions
- The article is probably over titled but I’m still shocked that people don’t know how to change the default search engine in their browser
- If you are a lover of different fonts, you’ll love this collection
- I find this depressing – what will it do to the future of Chromebooks which relies on an efficient browser
- It should come as no surprise to anyone that Google leads the pack in this category of trackers
- There are lots of familiar software title names in this list of copycats and some have truly stood the test of time
- Not living in an Apple world, I didn’t realize that watch faces were an issue. I have millions available for my Samsung
- He’s a newscaster on WDIV and does a great job there but he’s also a terrific singer with a new album
- It makes sense to me but if we won’t legislate adults, I suspect we haven’t got a prayer of legislating stuents to get vaccinated
- Every time I see reports like this, I get angry thinking about how someone had an operation delayed
- When I lived in Toronto, I walked Bloor Street so many times. I had no idea about who it was named after – scary
Blog Posts on
doug — off the record
My daily contributions to this blog are linked below. If you’re looking for a week in review for doug–off the record, you came to the right place.
- Sunday – My Week Ending September 19, 2021
- Weekly summary of things around here
- Monday – An interview with Vicky Loras
- A Canadian living the life in Switzerland
- Tuesday – An interview with Cliff Kraeker
- This was a nice memory trip for me back to the WesternRCAC
- Wednesday – An Interview with Emily Fitzpatrick and Derek Tangredi
- The two keynote speakers from the first ever ECOOCamp
- Thursday – An interview with Chris Stephenson
- A huge technology influencer wherever she goes
- Friday – An interview with Andrew Dobbie
- How one educator addresses computer shortages
- Saturday – Things I hate
- How COVID changed things I would normally enjoy
- Sunday – Whatever happened to … ?
- A weekly fun post to try to get you to reflect on things and share your thoughts
#FollowFriday – September 24, 2021
There was no show on voicEd Radio this past week.
All of the shows are archived here. The show is broadcast LIVE almost every Wednesday morning at 8:45 on voicEd Radio.
It was time for a small holiday for us this past week. It had been so longer, I’d forgotten how to pack a suitcase. Thank goodness for t-shirts and blue jeans. Nothing fancy to get crinkled.
The one thing that I forgot to back though was a power bar! I had the cables for the necessities but finding enough outlets in your bedroom can be a challenge. They had to take turns getting charged.
Video of the Week
A fascinating tourist stop and I got to traverse it at night which made all the lighting extra special.
Photo of the Week
It was the Uncommon Festival in town this weekend and we had a dragon visit us.
Thanks for reading.
Please join me daily for something new and, hopefully, interesting for you. I honestly and truthfully appreciate your few moments reading my thoughts. Time willing, this summary appears every Sunday afternoon.
This blog post was originally posted at: