Here’s a summary of some of the things I learned and published this week.
You can follow my daily readings as they happen here. Below are a selected few, with commentary, from the past week.
- If you’re interested in ditching Google and doing something for the planet, you might want to consider the Ecosia search engine
- There has been a great deal of talk about SpaceX as an internet provider – here’s a link to get you up to speed
- Tab groups is a feature that finally has come to the Google Chrome browser – here’s how to use it
- There has to be a lot of takeaways from teaching during COVID. Do we want to return to lectures or is there something better?
- Let’s hope that there are no more delays and excuses so that Moderna can deliver the doses they promised
- Goodbye Mac operating system. You’re not in the top two any more
- Some simple and yet powerful suggestions about how to evaluate educational technology
- Weird Canadian jobs to think about. Guarding the Stanley Cup, I wouldn’t classify as weird though
- Photomath is an interesting application and they just raised a whack of money
- You knew that this had to happen. The Blue Jays wouldn’t be able to play in a Canadian division like the Maple Leafs
- The backlash against Facebook is an interesting topic to follow. India has now been contacted
- If you are interesting in programming in the year 2021, Python needs to be in your portfolio. Here are some courses
- If you’re going to ditch LastPass, here is a list of alternatives
- The sales price of this house in Kitchener isn’t exactly a BIA moment
Blog Posts on
doug … off the record
My daily contributions to this blog are linked below. If you’re looking for a week in review for doug–off the record, you came to the right place.
- Sunday – My Week Ending February 14, 2021
- Weekly summary of things around here
- Monday – All hits, all the time
- More about radio in my world
- Tuesday – About Pizza
- Windsor pizza really is a thing
- Wednesday – Snow days in 2021
- You had to know that I had something to say about snow days
- Thursday – Back to sticky notes
- The change in LastPass makes people look around
- Friday – This Week in Ontario Edublogs
- My weekly look at seven blog posts from around the province
- Saturday – Just bad
- A tribute to bad website design
- Sunday – Whatever happened to … ?
- A weekly fun post to try to get you to reflect on things and share your thoughts
#FollowFriday – February 19, 2021
On this week’s show, Stephen Hurley and I chatted about politics, patience, applications, and professional practice.
The show is available here: https://voiced.ca/podcast_episode_post/patience-politics-and-practice/
- Aviva Dunsiger – @avivaloca
- Debbie Donsky – @debbiedonsky
- John Allan – @mrpottz
- Charles Pascal – @CEPascal
- Beate Planche – @bmplanche
All of the podcasts are archived here. The show is broadcast LIVE almost every Wednesday morning at 9:15 on voicEd Radio.
Sometimes, it’s the simplest of all things.
Above, I’ve got a link to a Wakelet with all the FollowFriday references in it. For the longest time, it was just a copy and paste of the link and it goes into place.
Starting last week though, it became a mess. Instead of just pasting the link WordPress tried to embed the Wakelet which would be cool if it worked. But it didn’t.
I tried a number of things with no luck.
As a last resort, I typed a space before pasting the link. Success!
I love finding new solutions to problems.
Video of the Week
Here’s where part of our tax dollars go
Photo of the Week
Word apparently got out that last week I had shared a picture of geese on the Detroit River at the King’s Navy Yard. The ducks arrives to multiply the number just floating around.
Thanks for reading.
Please join me daily for something new and, hopefully, interesting for you. I honestly and truthfully appreciate your few moments reading my thoughts. Time willing, this summary appears every Sunday afternoon.
This blog post was originally posted at:
If you find it anywhere else, it’s not original.