At the Western Regional Computer Advisory Committee’s Symposium 2013 this past week, ECOO President Mark Carbone announced the dates for the Educational Computing Organization of Ontario’s 2014 Conference.
It will be held Wednesday – Friday, November 5-7, 2014.
Once again, the conference will be held at the beautiful Niagara Falls’ Scotiabank Convention Centre.
And, once again, Cyndie Jacobs and I have agreed to co-chair the event. Ontario, this is your K-12 professional teaching/computing conference.
The 2013 Conference featured a great deal of new things.
- partnership with OASBO ICT;
- partnership with eLearningOntario;
- new location;
- expanded Exhibition Hall;
- special social events
- Niagara Falls Photowalk;
- Niagara Parkway Fun Run;
- Jam Session;
- Minecraft LAN Party;
- two receptions.
as well as incredible presentations and workshops led by some of the best Ontario technology using educators.
- Mark the date now for your own personal professional learning;
- Start thinking about what presentation or workshop you could provide colleagues;
- Spread the news among your colleagues at work;
- Let your principal know that you’ll need her/his support to get to Niagara Falls;
- Get excited thinking about the new people you’ll meet and add to your learning network.
It’s still early but it never hurts to start the planning! Details will be release on the ECOO website http://www.ecoo.org in the new year, including how to submit your presentation proposals.
Since it’s also early, add your thoughts in the comments below for ways to improve the conference and your learning experience.
Powered by Qumana