As I noted in yesterday’s post, I hope that classrooms continue to incorporate coding into learning activities. There are so many benefits and anyone with any kind of crystal ball can only see that the importance of being able to take control of one’s sure isn’t going to decrease.
To aid the cause, I have created a Pearltree of Resource for the Hour of Code. There have been so many blog posts, newspaper articles, and class pages devoted for the advocation and sharing of successes.
I tried to focus on just the classroom room resources that one could use. There were many developed and I’m not naive enough to say that this is the definitive list. However, I am bold enough to say that this is a great place to start!
If you know of a resource that should be included, please let me know the resource. I’d be happy to add it.
- ‘Hour of Code’ hopes to jumpstart students’ computer science futures (pbs.org)
- An Hour of Code… (thenerfherder.blogspot.com)
- Daily round-up: Hour of Code draws millions, “flipped classrooms” earn praise in Detroit (blogs.seattletimes.com)
- Hour of Code campaign teaches programming in 30,000 US schools (video) – #Tech (execdaily.wordpress.com)
- Hour of Code (thinkingthroughmylens.wordpress.com)
- Hour of Code hopes to teach kids a love of computer programming (csmonitor.com)
- Why Coding? (dougpete.wordpress.com)