Here’s a summary of some of the things I learned and published this week.
You can follow my daily readings as they happen here. Here are a selected few, with commentary, from the past week.
- If you think Google Slides is just for presentations, you need to read this post.
- Wakelet is a very popular curation tool. (I use it for the curation of the #FollowFriday Twitter messages below) This is a tutorial to get started. Check it out to see if there’s something you’re missing then pass it along to others.
- I do a lot of things wrong in life. Here are 31 more.
- This was a challenging (at least for me) quiz about Canada’s territories. I thought I would ace it. Spoiler — I didn’t. How about you?
- Two offerings from Apple that nobody I know uses in addition to the author of the article. Why are they still around?
- After the Grammy Awards, Drake got his wish.
- I don’t know about you but I think I’d be embarrassed to be seen with a box of No-Name beer. Even if it is buck a beer. But, it begs a bigger question; it it can be done, why isn’t everyone doing it? My beer of choice is a red beer. Maybe when it’s priced this way?
- This is going to become increasingly popular with Chromebooks and even traditional PCs shipping with smaller SSD drives. Is that redundant?
- Arnie McCallum was a legend in Windsor, Ontario education. If you have Super Rex in your library, it came from him. I met him a couple of times.
- Peter Beens shared the information about this summer festival in Niagara Falls. I think I may go if it all works out.
- I guess this is inspired by all the stories of people leaving dogs in the car in the summer. It should be a last resort. If you’re going shopping, just leave your dog at home.
- Maybe not a whole lot new under the sun here but I’m a sucker for reading what we should be doing to prepare students for the future.
- How can you ignore a story about joy riding bears?
- Whoops. Google reveals some security secrets via Google Earth. Time to move everything underground?
Blog Posts on doug … off the record
My daily contributions to this blog.
- Sunday – My Week Ending February 10, 2019
- Monday – A tale of two government services
- Tuesday – Rock this country
- Wednesday – Grave sites
- Thursday – A colourful post
- Friday – This Week in Ontario Edublogs
- Saturday – @voicEd #twioe Playlist – Weeks 101-105
- Sunday – Whatever happened to … the duochrome test?
Here’s who I tagged as “Active” last Friday morning.
My on demand radio page can be found here.
Opening song this week:
The latest #TWIOE show features blog posts from:
It’s seldom that I confess publically that technology has me beat so mark February 17, 2019 in your calendars.
Do you see the list of people from #TWIOE above? Up until today, that was a bulleted list. I use my vast computer knowledge of highlighting last week’s and pasting this week’s names over top.
And, with the new block editor in WordPress it always screws up. It ends up deleting the original bullet block and creates five bullet blocks, one for each name.
I’ve tried everything I can think of with no success. So, from now on until I notice of a solution, it will just be an unbulleted list like it is today.
Probably nobody but me notices or cares.
I just hate it when a computer gets the best of me.
Video of the Week
Search for “MacArthur Park” on YouTube and look at all the people who have recorded this song! What’s your favourite version?
My Favourite Photo of the Week
If aliens invented fire hydrants…
Thanks for reading.
This blog post was originally posted at:
If you find it anywhere else, it’s not original.