It was an interesting blogging week. I enjoy it when my thinking takes me to new places. Plus, I got an interview. What’s not to like?
You can follow my daily readings as they happen here. Below are a selected few, with commentary, from the past week. They’re posted to the blog daily under the title OTR Links.
- This was sad news to read about Hazel McCallion
- If you’re a moon-watcher, this is your year. Apparently, we’re going to see 4 supermoons and 1 blue moon
- If you’re not afraid to use Baidu, it’s got an AI bot now
- Yes, search engines are feeling the pain of ChatGPT but hopefully those of us in search of something will be winners
- This is good news for Chatham-Kent with new battery plants there
- The Windsor Star will be printed elsewhere. I hate to see jobs leave the community
- Just as it was perceived that the price freeze was seen as a good thing at Loblaws, thawing it has at least or more news value
- Supposedly, ChatGPT makes everything easier, so why not fraud indeed?
- This was rather disturbing news about CBC producer Michael Finlay
- The Pentagon is tracking that Chinese spy balloon – more to follow, I’m sure
- I don’t blame them for looking into this – 28 years of boiling water? Wow.
- If you have Windows and an Android like me, this could be helpful if you need to transfer photos
- It took most of the week but the US shot down that Chinese balloon
- Finally! Faxes are getting an even worse name
Blog Posts on
doug — off the record
My daily contributions to this blog are linked below. If you’re looking for a week in review for doug–off the record, you came to the right place.
- Sunday – My Week Ending 2023-01-29
- Monday – What made Disco suck
- Tuesday – Paybacks
- Wednesday – Enjoying a reading
- Thursday – A whirlwind of operating systems
- Friday – This Week in Ontario Edublogs
- Saturday – Spying old school
- Sunday – Whatever happened to …
#FollowFriday – February 3, 2023
This Week in Ontario Edublogs is a blog post/show/podcast that features great writing from Ontario Edubloggers. Stephen Hurley and I use their writing as the basis for a conversation.
- Diana Maliszewski – @MzMollyTL
- Jen Aston – @mmejaston
- Dave Cormier – @davecormier
- TESLOntario – @TESLOntario
- Paul McGuire – @mcguirp
- Marc Hodgkinson = @Mr_H_Teacher
This week’s voicEd Radio show:
A playlist of the songs of Peace that we open and close the show with.
I felt a bit out of sorts yesterday.
If you read daily, you know that I reformatted my old laptop and put Chrome OS Flex on it. Almost immediately, it reported that an upgrade was ready.
What happened next was ugly.
It apparently did the upgrade and then rebooted like it should. I panicked and tried everything I could. No luck.
In a last chance, I decided to see if I could re-install Chrome OS Flex. It worked.
I’ve got to dig deeper but does this mean that Google does something that makes the computer unusable or unupgradeable?
Video of the Week
If this doesn’t restore your faith in kids, …
Photo of the Week
We swung by the Feed Store in Harrow and they had these treats on sale so guess who got treated?
Thanks for reading.
Please join me daily for something new and, hopefully, interesting for you. I honestly and truthfully appreciate your few moments reading my thoughts. Time willing, this summary appears every Sunday afternoon.
This blog post was originally posted at: