Here’s a summary of some of the things I learned and published this week.
You can follow my daily readings as they happen here. Below are a selected few, with commentary, from the past week. They’re posted to the blog daily under the title OTR Links.
- Tips for starting a blog – I would add – just do it!
- You should use a password manager – Google Chrome has made its more visible
- Yet another storage of violence from Toronto – this time a stabbing at Yonge and College
- A threat from Facebook about providing news coverage
- This is a very depressing report on the numbers of homeless people
- I could have guessed who would have been Time’s Person of the Year with my eyes closed. I’ll bet you could have too.
- Everyone should have a disposable email address – do you have one?
- I’m hoping this new Memory setting helps speed up my Chromebook
- Just when you think you’ve heard the last story about Internet Explorer – of course, it isn’t good news
- The folks at Vivaldi launch a Mastodon server – here’s how they did it so quickly
- Every day, there seems to be a bad news story from Toronto, including this stabbing
- When I think of it, I contribute to Kitty’s Jukebox. This week the topic was “eyes” and I contributed this and it didn’t make the cut – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOBBXfWEdW0 Can you believe it?
Blog Posts on
doug — off the record
My daily contributions to this blog are linked below. If you’re looking for a week in review for doug–off the record, you came to the right place.
- Sunday – My Week Ending December 4, 2022
- Monday – Whatever happened to … (why is this here?)
- Tuesday – Electricity
- Wednesday – A look back (or ahead)
- Thursday – A teachable moment
- Friday – This Week in Ontario Edublogs
- Saturday – Making babies
- Sunday – Whatever happened to … ?
#FollowFriday – December 9, 2022
This Week in Ontario Edublogs is a blog post/show/podcast that features great writing from Ontario Edubloggers. Stephen Hurley and I use their writing as the basis for a conversation.
- Cameron Steltman – @MrSteltman
- Deanna McLennan – @McLennan1977
- Elizabeth Lyons – @mrslyonslibrary
- Claire Zuliani & Michael Frankfort @MsZuliani @mfrank_76
- Vicky Loras – @vickyloras
- Jen Shirley – @jen_shirley
- Amanda Potts – @Ahpotts
This week’s voicEd Radio show:
A playlist of the songs of Peace that we open and close the show with.
Just a silly little thing to report. If you read this Sunday afternoon post, you’ll note that it looks the same. That’s because I just take an old post and write over it.
For a number of reasons, there hasn’t been a full post the past couple of weeks and so when I looked at last week’s, I realized that it wouldn’t do.
So, I had to go back a few weeks to get a complete post and off I go.
Video of the Week
It’s worth a gamble.
Photo of the Week
My daughter got called out of retirement to serve at her old place of employment – Chicano’s restaurant in town. So, we went out for dinner.
Thanks for reading.
Please join me daily for something new and, hopefully, interesting for you. I honestly and truthfully appreciate your few moments reading my thoughts. Time willing, this summary appears every Sunday afternoon.
This blog post was originally posted at:
Please share your thoughts here. I’d enjoy reading them.