Here’s a summary of some of the things I learned and published this week.
You can follow my daily readings as they happen here. Below are a selected few, with commentary, from the past week. They’re posted to the blog daily under the title OTR Links.
- This is an interesting thought about tests in education
- A look at the future of technology from Bill Gates
- This is a bit scarey – an explosion in downtown Toronto?
- This is something that every teacher and parent needs to consider – teaching honesty
- The top 10 richest people – don’t look for me here
- Twitter drops its Covid-19 misinformation policy – is this the beginning?
- The richest neighbourhoods in Canada? Not mine
- I use this all the time. It counters my overuse of CTRL-W
- China clamping down on the internet – this is why this time
- There absolutely is a language lesson here and timely as we head into winter
- This was an interesting insight to some coding that you might find useful
- I know the guy in the interview – he really knows his CS education and now he got a grant for 1 million dollars (US)
- I’m pretty much a sweatshirt type of guy right now but if I was going to wear a sweater, it might be one of these
- It’s old news now but, boy, did we get hit with this weather
Blog Posts on
doug — off the record
My daily contributions to this blog are linked below. If you’re looking for a week in review for doug–off the record, you came to the right place.
- Sunday – My Week Ending November 27, 2022
- Monday – The future is here
- Tuesday – Blue check marks
- Wednesday – Brain jokes
- Thursday – The straws keep on coming
- Friday – This Week in Ontario Edublogs
- Saturday – My lessons for today (yesterday)
- Sunday – Whatever happened to … ? – deferred to Monday morning
#FollowFriday – December 2, 2022
This Week in Ontario Edublogs is a blog post/show/podcast that features great writing from Ontario Edubloggers. Stephen Hurley and I use their writing as the basis for a conversation.
This week’s voicEd Radio show:
There was no show this past week. This is from three weeks ago.
A playlist of the songs of Peace that we open and close the show with.
It’s nice to have good connections and that played out this week. If you read my Saturday post, you know that I was suspended from Mastodon. Not a good start!
I tried the official route to getting reinstated and then talked about it with Peter Beens who was connected to the right person.
The suspension was listed. It really helps to have good connections to solve technology problems.
Video of the Week
This is fun. The airport in Windsor is YQG – when they use as a promotion as “Your Quick Getaway”. It’s a shot at the big airports that would be in play – Pearson (YYZ) or Detroit Metro (DTW). No phrases there!
Photo of the Week
My daughter always paints our front window for this season. My mom always did it and she’s carrying it on. I happened to walk into the room as the sun gave this shadow on the wall.
Thanks for reading.
Please join me daily for something new and, hopefully, interesting for you. I honestly and truthfully appreciate your few moments reading my thoughts. Time willing, this summary appears every Sunday afternoon.
This blog post was originally posted at:
Please share your thoughts here. I’d enjoy reading them.