Here’s a summary of some of the things I learned and published this week.
You can follow my daily readings as they happen here. Below are a selected few, with commentary, from the past week. They’re posted to the blog daily under the title OTR Links.
- Here’s what happened to the Queen’s favourite horse
- Want to ruin your childhood memories – read this
- I thought this was interesting. You’d think there would be standards if you’re voting online but no. I stood in line for an hour yesterday for the advance poll
- I didn’t know this about Rube Goldberg
- A big list of jokes if you’re looking for a smile
- If you’re concerned about battery life, these might be the offenders
- Patch early and often – 84 weaknesses this time with Windows 11
- Things are ramping up about the too few numbers of educational assistants in the classroom
- If you like Sam Cooke music, you’ll appreciate that he also wrote these songs
- This is a wonderful last recording of Elvis
- I found this to be an interesting thought about web browsers and their desire to add just one more feature
- Covid outbreak in Listowel Hospital
- Elementary school teachers will definitely find a use for these – secondary too
- What an amazing story – to lose your memory for five years and then have it return
Blog Posts on
doug — off the record
My daily contributions to this blog are linked below. If you’re looking for a week in review for doug–off the record, you came to the right place.
- Sunday – My Week Ending October 9, 2022
- Monday – Happy Thanksgiving
- Tuesday – First jobs
- Wednesday – And now, a real life example
- Thursday – Monitoring
- Friday – This Week in Ontario Edublogs
- Saturday – Yet another Peace playlist
- Sunday – Whatever happened to … ?
#FollowFriday – October 14, 2022
This Week in Ontario Edublogs is a blog post/show/podcast that features great writing from Ontario Edubloggers. Stephen Hurley and I use their writing as the basis for a conversation.
- Peter Skillen – @peterskillen
- Elizabeth Lyons – @mrslyonslibrary
- Dave Cormier – @davecormier
- Lynn Thomas – @THOMLYNN101
- David Petro – @davidpetro314
- The Ward Stories – Mary Ward Secondary School
- COLLEEN ELEP
This week’s voicEd Radio show:
A playlist of the songs of Peace that we open and close the show with.
Social media followers know that I can be kind of noisy from 5:00 to 6:00. I’ve been using Flipboard as my scraping news source but have become increasingly frustrated with it crashing and being slow on my Chrombook.
This morning, I ended up using Google News and it wasn’t half bad. I’ve got to find a way to get all my interests in there but I like a challenge.
Video of the Week
It’s easy to see the border here since we live on the Detroit River.
Photo of the Week
My wife’s favourite tree this fall. It goes this way every year.
Thanks for reading.
Please join me daily for something new and, hopefully, interesting for you. I honestly and truthfully appreciate your few moments reading my thoughts. Time willing, this summary appears every Sunday afternoon.
This blog post was originally posted at:
Please share your thoughts here. I’d enjoy reading them.