Here’s a summary of some of the things I learned and published this week.
You can follow my daily readings as they happen here. Below are a selected few, with commentary, from the past week. They’re posted to the blog daily under the title OTR Links.
- Google Chrome adds a new feature to quickly get to bookmarks and your reading list
- To the best of my knowledge, I don’t have a headphone delay with Windows 11 but have bookmarked this in case I ever do
- This is great news for CFL fans – who wants to slow down the game with four downs?
- I got my version 100 of Google Chrome and so far, nothing I know about has been broken, despite this warning
- It’s scary to think that your credit card might fall into bad hands
- This is an incredible story about Lady Gaga helping Lisa Minnelli. If this doesn’t bring a tear to your eye, there’s something wrong
- This is such a sad story – five people killed in a house fire in Brampton – have you checked your smoke detectors?
- Another reason to miss the turnoff to Belle River – the speed limit from Tilbury to Windsor rises to 110 km/h
- Supposedly ChromeOS 100 had a new launcher but it didn’t appear on mine. However, with the experiments feature, I’ve been using it for a while now
- A new twist on the Wordle craze – solve eight puzzles at once. I did it just one time so far – Octordle
- A review of the effect that technology negatively impacts on teachers
- COVID indicators are on the rise in Windsor and Essex County
- An April’s Fool gag for Apple users
- And another April Fool for those who want to go into space using Westjet
Blog Posts on
doug — off the record
My daily contributions to this blog are linked below. If you’re looking for a week in review for doug–off the record, you came to the right place.
- Sunday – My Week Ending March 27, 2022
- Monday – Spello
- Tuesday – How to get electricity
- Wednesday – A password-less future
- Thursday – Looking over your shoulder
- Friday – This Week in Ontario Edublogs
- Saturday – Algorithms
- Sunday – Whatever happened to … ?
#FollowFriday – April 1, 2022
This Week in Ontario Edublogs is a blog post/show/podcast that features great writing from Ontario Edubloggers. Stephen Hurley and I use their writing as the basis for a conversation.
- Paul McGuire – @mcguirp
- Daphne McMenemy – @McMenemyTweets
- Diana Maliszewski – @MzMollyTL
- Fair Chance Learning – @FCLEdu
- Anne-Marie Kee – @AMKeeLCS
- John Allan – @mrpottz
- Amy Bowker – @amyebowker
This week’s show:
All of the shows are archived here. The show is broadcast LIVE almost every Wednesday morning at 8:45 on voicEd Radio and is downloadable as a podcast later.
It was a simple thing but once I found the solution, it made so much sense. I have a Logitech G513 keyboard attached to this computer. When I get bored, I try out a different lighting scheme just for giggles.
This past week, for a moment in time, the keyboard was acting weirdly and not displaying the colours that I wanted. I did all the typical trouble shooting things like unplugging and replugging and rebooting the computer but it looked like it had either a mind of its own or it was broken.
As it turns out, it did have a mind of its own or rather the web browser that I was using had its own mind. It turns out the Opera Gaming browser wants to control the connected devices and their colours.
I was able to go into the Logitech software and turn that “feature” off. I’m happy again.
Look what I made
With all the Wordle craze, I of course blogged about it earlier but also created a Wakelet of all the Wordle clones I could find. Once created, I’ve been adding to it daily, it seems. I guess it’s presumptuous to think I could do it all in one session. It certainly has taken the online world by storm
My collection is available here: https://wke.lt/w/s/BuvP40
Update – April 3: Up to 47 entries.
Video of the Week
We saw history being made this past week.
Photo of the Week
A classic that resurfaced this week.
Thanks for reading.
Please join me daily for something new and, hopefully, interesting for you. I honestly and truthfully appreciate your few moments reading my thoughts. Time willing, this summary appears every Sunday afternoon.
This blog post was originally posted at:
2 thoughts on “My Week Ending 2022-04-03”