Here’s a summary of some of the things I learned and published this week.
You can follow my daily readings as they happen here. Below are a selected few, with commentary, from the past week.
- Despite the efforts, there still is a huge difference in the number of boys compared to the number of girls interested in STEM
- The Toronto Maple Leafs are the biggest losers in hockey history
- If you have a Google TV, you might find this complete list of streaming services helpful – I did
- Chrysler was back to work this week only to be shut down next week because of a shortage of technology
- It’s kind of hard to believe that this school hadn’t had a graduation class for eight years
- One of the dumbest educational ideas for a long time – just video teachers and play it back. Remember this next election
- A collection of great writing tools for writers (and bloggers). I use a couple of them
- I have placed this water park on my list of places that I want to visit this summer. Even the picture is incredible
- It should come as no surprise that there is a shortage of educators wishing to teach summer school. I’d be surprised if there wasn’t
- Is this the first of many schools that will remove the name of our first Prime Minister from it?
- Suggestions for using the Whiteboard in Microsoft Teams – seems to me that it’s a good list for any whiteboard software you might have access to
- You’d have to be pretty naïve to think that there weren’t all kinds of cameras at this US/Canada crossing point
- Some day, perhaps, we’ll be able to go to a big tech company and see what our web profile is. I had to smile at this article about ways to throw them for a loop. I kind of think that I was doing this already
- Remember, as a kid, you were always warned that you had to be home if it started lightning? This is why
Blog Posts on
doug — off the record
My daily contributions to this blog are linked below. If you’re looking for a week in review for doug–off the record, you came to the right place.
- Sunday – My Week Ending July 4, 2021
- Weekly summary of things around here
- Monday – Delayed by hurricane
- This Canadiens fan was grasping at straws for a Montreal comback
- Tuesday – Changes to Audacity
- It hit the fan this week with changes to this popular software
- Wednesday – Audacity alternatives
- A first look at alternatives if you’re switching
- Thursday – Another Audacity option – Soundtrap
- This came up in the TWIOE show discussion
- Friday – This Week in Ontario Edublogs
- My weekly look at seven blog posts from around the province
- Saturday – Another podcasting alternative – Anchor
- Another Audacity replacement piece of software
- Sunday – Whatever happened to … ?
- A weekly fun post to try to get you to reflect on things and share your thoughts
#FollowFriday – July 9, 2021
On this week’s show, Stephen Hurley and I chatted about Gmail, Mental Mathematics, Support, and Reflection.
- EduGals – @EduGals
- Alice Aspinall – @aliceaspinall
- Paul Gauchi – @PCMalteseFalcon
- Amanda Potts – @Ahpotts
All of the podcasts are archived here. The show is broadcast LIVE almost every Wednesday morning at 8:45 on voicEd Radio.
One small step for me, another you may not care about.
Doing the voicEd update, I’ve always wandered back and forth from this editor to a copy of my blog to the voicEd website.
It turns out I can cut voicEd out of the picture. I just need to grab it from my TWIOE post. Why am I just realizing this now?
Video of the Week
In case you’re still wondering…
Photo of the Week
The garden out front.
Thanks for reading.
Please join me daily for something new and, hopefully, interesting for you. I honestly and truthfully appreciate your few moments reading my thoughts. Time willing, this summary appears every Sunday afternoon.
This blog post was originally posted at:
If you find it anywhere else, it’s not original.