Here’s a summary of some of the things I learned and published this week.
You can follow my daily readings as they happen here. Below are a selected few, with commentary, from the past week.
- I still maintain that typing is a skill that all people should have. Here’s someone’s idea of the “best” typing programs currently available. It’s not just about speed
- This is an article that explains how Google has our back by blocking all these phony COVID-19 advertisements
- You can’t have enough inspiration to teach students about internet safety
- Long story short – install the Linux or Android version of the browser. I have Brave and Opera installed. Nice, but not a completely comfortable replacement
- I have an old Windows computer that is better with Linux Mint on it but will try Windows 10X if and when it ever becomes available
- This is a great concept but doesn’t get into an explanation as to how it would work with existing Bluetooth products, if at all
- Personally, I find animated GIFs annoying but they do float some people’s boats. Here’s how to make them on your phone
- If you’re into collecting certificates to show your professional learning, how about Google’s?
- Want a job in IT with Microsoft – here are some that only require a Bachelor’s degree
- In the days of streaming media, this article declares Google the best platform
- Thankfully, we have the internet to make the issue in the Suez Canal someone funny
- This is just another example of how crazy real estate has got in Toronto
- It’s difficult to argue against any of these five things suggested for college graduation
- Those lazy teachers are going to get yet another week off the job – let’s jab them with needles
Blog Posts on
doug … off the record
My daily contributions to this blog are linked below. If you’re looking for a week in review for doug–off the record, you came to the right place.
- Sunday – My Week Ending March 21, 2021
- Weekly summary of things around here
- Monday – A sense of reality needed
- $100 000 isn’t what it used to be (but I’ll still take it)
- Tuesday – Yet another change
- More coming for the Chromebook keyboard
- Wednesday – The death of the keynote
- My rationale for how these people need to up their game to stay relevant
- Thursday – Apple badges
- Announcing Apple Teacher Portfolio
- Friday – This Week in Ontario Edublogs
- My weekly look at seven blog posts from around the province
- Saturday – For us …
- Who isn’t a fan of Elton John?
- Sunday – Whatever happened to … ?
- A weekly fun post to try to get you to reflect on things and share your thoughts
#FollowFriday – March 26, 2021
There was no Wednesday live show this week. I still wrote my Friday post though featuring posts from these bloggers.
- Richard Erdmann – @rerdmann
- Anthony Perrotta – @aperrottatweets
- Andrea McPhee – @Ms_McPhee
- Charles Pascal – @CEPascal
- Aviva Dunsiger – @avivaloca
- Velvet Lacasse – @velvet_lacasse
- John Hodgkinson – @Mr_H_Teacher
All of the podcasts are archived here. The show is broadcast LIVE almost every Wednesday morning at 8:45 on voicEd Radio. Note the new time. After four years, I’ve been bumped forward half an hour.
I remembered to do this post properly this week. Last week, I confessed to messing up.
The consequences were worse than I thought. Because of my error, WordPress didn’t even send out a message that it was available.
I hope to never make that mistake again.
Video of the Week
Everything you need to know about paper!
Photo of the Week
Do they come any more handsome than Jaimie?
Thanks for reading.
Please join me daily for something new and, hopefully, interesting for you. I honestly and truthfully appreciate your few moments reading my thoughts. Time willing, this summary appears every Sunday afternoon.
This blog post was originally posted at:
If you find it anywhere else, it’s not original.