Here’s a summary of some of the things I learned and published this week.
You can follow my daily readings as they happen here. Below are a selected few, with commentary, from the past week.
- I certainly can not go this far in decimal places with Pi. I’m kind of a 3.1415926 type of guy
- Anymore, it’s tough to find a desirable house for less than $500K but here are some if you’re shopping for one
- Google Chrome continues to get better, adding all kinds of improvements all the time. Look out Windows
- This brought back great memories for me for the year I lived in Toronto. I may write a Sunday post about it some time
- If you’re ditching LastPass because of any number of reasons, you’ll want to get your passwords out of there. Here’s how
- School closed – not directly from COVID but because they couldn’t get enough teachers
- Not to make you feel old but did you know that Dennis the Menace is now seventy years old?
- Pass this along to new fathers or old fathers looking for inspirational things to do with their kids
- If you’re a power user in the browser, have you checked out Opera’s Workspaces feature?
- Given our concerns about privacy and how so many are doing things online these days, this should be a default instead of an optional setting
- For those who are interesting in vaccine updates, this tells you everything about the Astra-Zeneca vaccine which is looking like my option here, delivered by a local pharmacist
- Speculation about what might happen in Hamilton leads to the concept of a lockdown. Start blogging again, my Hamilton friends
- Star Trek fans will remember Sulu played by George Takei who I always admired because he could make that ship do anything. Here are his thoughts about the attacks on Asian Americans made by the former president
- Live captioning will be interesting to see when it comes to Chrome. Maybe I’ll finally get the lyrics right
Blog Posts on
doug … off the record
My daily contributions to this blog are linked below. If you’re looking for a week in review for doug–off the record, you came to the right place.
- Sunday – My Week Ending March 14, 2021
- Weekly summary of things around here
- Monday – #PiDay + 1
- When March 14 falls on a Sunday, you post on Monday
- Tuesday – Back with one more
- Paper.li was down for a while but now it’s back and I added a paper
- Wednesday – Saint Patrick’s Day
- My thoughts about this day and I didn’t have a green beer
- Thursday – Fighting the bad guys
- Of course, we all want to be perfect but when it doesn’t happen …
- Friday – This Week in Ontario Edublogs
- My weekly look at seven blog posts from around the province
- Saturday – Digital Sabatoge
- A cool way to get kicked out of a Zoom session
- Sunday – Whatever happened to … ?
- A weekly fun post to try to get you to reflect on things and share your thoughts
#FollowFriday – March 19, 2021
On this week’s show, Stephen Hurley and I chatted about some recent writing from Ontario Edubloggers.
The show is available here: https://voiced.ca/podcast_episode_post/identity-pedagogy-and-a-meaning-of-life/
- Terry Whitmell – @TerryWhitmell
- Laura Elliott – @lauraelliottPhD
- Jessica Outram – @jessicaoutram
- Richard Erdmann – @rerdmann
- Paul Gauchi – @PCMalteseFalcon
All of the podcasts are archived here. The show is broadcast LIVE almost every Wednesday morning at 8:45 on voicEd Radio. Note the new time. After four years, I’ve been bumped forward half an hour.
For the first time since I started doing this weekly summary of my week, I screwed up royally.
If you read it, and I hope you do, you’ll notice that I use the same format every week. WordPress makes it really easy with a “copy a post” option. So, in a perfect world, I would have copied the March 14 post, changed the content and then published it on the 21st.
However I guess it was too early in the morning when I started this post. Instead of copying the post, I edited the post on the 14th.
Hence, it’s now gone and scheduled for the 21st.
Video of the Week
If you’re a fan of the Eagles, you’ll love this. Joe walsh looks like he’d be fun to hang out with.
Photo of the Week
It’s Spring! It’s still very cold over night though. But, on the morning walk, I see that Mrs. A. down the road has her orange yard sale signs ready to go. I hope that I can remember to take a photo of them later today. As it turns out, the signs were never put up out at the road but rather near the garage. It would have been kind of creepy to walk up the laneway to take one.
You can enjoy last week’s picture.
Thanks for reading.
Please join me daily for something new and, hopefully, interesting for you. I honestly and truthfully appreciate your few moments reading my thoughts. Time willing, this summary appears every Sunday afternoon.
This blog post was originally posted at:
If you find it anywhere else, it’s not original.