Here’s a summary of some of the things I learned and published this week.
You can follow my daily readings as they happen here. Below are a selected few, with commentary, from the past week.
- Just when you think you’ve tried every browser in the world, a new one comes along with big claims of speed
- If you don’t mind moving to a different place for some of these jobs, the government is hiring
- Say what you will about YouTube, they’re always changing and improving – this time for tweens and teens
- I love Niagara Falls in the cold of winter but sadly couldn’t go this year but there are pictures here
- Lessons from video conferencing – we’ve all had them
- Clubhouse continues to intrigue me but not enough to get an account until it embraces Android (and I get an invite)
- Looking to relocate? Here, supposedly, are the best places to move to
- From NASA, an incredible image of the planet Jupiter. I guess all cameras were not pointed at Mars
- I’m guessing that it’s a positive business case that people at home have more money so why not launch a casino to take some of it from them
- Another phenomenon during the pandemic has supposedly been the rise in the amount of academic cheating
- I always read articles like this. I don’t expect that the entire list would be new to me but I search for that new gem
- It’s really depressing to read that some people are feeling safer teaching online. This needs to be rectified
- And more ideas, this time from the Microsoft Edge browser
- It was sad to read of the passing of Walter Gretzky
Blog Posts on
doug … off the record
My daily contributions to this blog are linked below. If you’re looking for a week in review for doug–off the record, you came to the right place.
- Sunday – My Week Ending February 28, 2021
- Weekly summary of things around here
- Monday – Image searching
- An interesting way to do searching for that perfect image
- Tuesday – Solitude
- We got our postcard from Canada Post
- Wednesday – A change this morning
- The This Week in Ontario Edublogs show has a new start time
- Thursday – A really bad idea
- I wouldn’t be ready to be on camera all day
- Friday – This Week in Ontario Edublogs
- My weekly look at seven blog posts from around the province
- Saturday – An Ontario guitar resource
- A wiki to discover designed for education
- Sunday – Whatever happened to … ?
- A weekly fun post to try to get you to reflect on things and share your thoughts
#FollowFriday – March 5, 2021
On this week’s show, Stephen Hurley and I chatted about Birthdays, Design, Gaming and Caring Adults
The show is available here https://voiced.ca/podcast_episode_post/anniversaries-design-gaming-and-caring-adults/
- Melissa Turnbull
- Diana Maliszewski – @MzMollyTL
- Alanna King – @banana29
- Zelia Tavares – @ZeliaMCT
- Lisa Corbett – @LisaCorbett0261
All of the podcasts are archived here. The show is broadcast LIVE almost every Wednesday morning at 8:45 on voicEd Radio. Note the new time. After four years, I’ve been bumped forward half an hour.
It’s interesting how some things are not compatible.
Recently, WordPress when I put in the link to my Wakelet collection of topics wants to do an embed. I’m not convinced that it’s working perfectly. This is a work in process. If you couldn’t get there from the above, here’s the actual link.
Video of the Week
This is great news. What’s still up in the air is when it goes into my arm.
Photo of the Week
From two years ago, the pier at Erieau.
Thanks for reading.
Please join me daily for something new and, hopefully, interesting for you. I honestly and truthfully appreciate your few moments reading my thoughts. Time willing, this summary appears every Sunday afternoon.
This blog post was originally posted at:
If you find it anywhere else, it’s not original.