… Maple Dip Donuts?
Just so you can hate me and move on to another blog post, I’ll be up front here and let you know that I don’t like chocolate.
I’m also not a big donut eater either. But, it’s tough being in a car with company that does appreciate this very filling delicacy between meals.
Three times this past week, I’ve been in a Tim Horton’s drive-through where my passenger(s) wanted a treat. Say what you will about our educational system, the person taking the order can do the math. If you order three drinks and only two donuts, they’ll prompt you to make sure that you’re not missing something. Genius marketing!
Now, it’s been a while since we bought donuts so I was quite surprised when I ordered a chocolate dip or double chocolate or whatever and I felt the urge to order something for myself – the Maple Dip Donut. Hey, this is Canada, after all.
But, it was three times that I ordered and was told that they were not available. This was at three different times of the day so I guess I wasn’t the victim of a timely rush. I know that we’re always at the mercy of business decisions and that I’m in the minority by not ordering chocolate. So, was this a business decision? We’ve seen a decision in town where we went from two Tim Horton’s shops to one. The one that close was walk-in only so may have been a COVID casualty. In normal times, it was always packed.
To end the story, I ended up taking two passes and one old fashioned plain as my way of protest.
Your thoughts for a Sunday …
- Are you a Tim Horton’s fan or have you moved on to one of the other competitors?
- While airing grievances, I remember a time when dogs onboard were offered a Timbit but I’ve been told that’s no longer a thing. Jaimie wants to know why
- What’s your pick when you treat yourself to a cuppa and a donut?
- Is it just me or is it weird to type donut instead of doughnut?
- Do you agree with the donut ranking in the Vancouver article?
- So, what about the Maple Dip? Is it available at your local store and I’m just out of luck here or has it been retired?
Please check in with your thoughts in the comments below.