Here’s a summary of some of the things I learned and published this week.
You can follow my daily readings as they happen here. Below are a selected few, with commentary, from the past week.
- This is definitely an example of how privilege works. One entire group can flaunt the law and public advice. You just know that, in another reality, there would have been arrests
- If you’re looking for a collection of words to never use again, consider starting with the ones identified in this list
- Here’s just another example as to why you should make sure that your internet browser is up to date
- If you view current history by what’s happening in the evening news, you’re missing out on the complete story. List this top 10 from Toronto
- I’d used Slack for a few years and never had it go down on me until this event…
- I’m surprised that it’s taken this long for a group of Google workers to organize themselves in a union
- Remember the outcry when Microsoft introduced the new interface for Windows 8? Are we ready to go through it again?
- The Ministry’s Plan A didn’t take into account that teachers are parents too. Some are also single parents
- C’mon USA. Get your act together. Closing Michigan’s Capitol? Geesh
- High speeds and Mercedes should be in the realm of Lewis Hamilton and not a Toronto teenager
- I can’t believe that there would be anyone who would think that a crash course makes anyone an expert in anything
- When will you get the antivirus vaccine? You can check it out here
- This is a scarey report – classroom air filters don’t work?
- File this under the category “I don’t care and yet just have to read this”
Blog Posts on
doug … off the record
My daily contributions to this blog are linked below. If you’re looking for a week in review for doug–off the record, you came to the right place.
- Sunday – My Week Ending January 3, 2021
- Weekly summary of things around here
- Monday – Exceptions
- Another example of how we’re not all in this together
- Tuesday – Phonics fail
- I hope Doug Pederson gets paid well to put up with this
- Wednesday – Activities online
- Some higher level activities for the classroom
- Thursday – Down but not out
- 2020 has been so different; why not for teacher gifts?
- Friday – This Week in Ontario Edublogs
- My weekly look at seven blog posts from around the province
- Saturday – Back at the keyboard
- If you’re looking for some time wasting, check this out
- Sunday – Whatever happened to … ?
- A weekly fun post to try to get you to reflect on things and share your thoughts
#FollowFriday – January 8, 2021
Neither Stephen nor I were available for the show this past Wednesday.
All of the podcasts are archived here. The show is broadcast LIVE almost every Wednesday morning at 9:15 on voicEd Radio.
Out new internet connection went out this morning just as I was about to sit down and write this blog post. I was stunned since it’s been so absolutely reliable and fast.
So, I went out to the rec room to play with dog.
On the way out, I passed my wife who indicated that she had dusted in the rec room and found a couple of my things I’d been looking for.
I think you know how this ends!
I now have a new job – doing my own dusting.
Video of the Week
Photo of the Week
The snow in the ditch is texturized and reminds me of a Colleen Rose painting.
Thanks for reading.
Please join me daily for something new and, hopefully, interesting for you. I honestly and truthfully appreciate your few moments reading my thoughts. Time willing, this summary appears every Sunday afternoon.