… hair colour?
Thanks to Sheila Stewart for this idea, inspired by last week’s ramble about haircuts!
She reminded me immediately of this commercial from Canadiens icon Maurice Richard.
I guess the bottom line is that, if you can’t get your hair professionally cut, you can’t get it professionally coloured either.
Of course, you can always go and buy product off the shelf and do it yourself.
I made the mistake of mentioning that at a patio event with my daughters who immediately gave me a million reasons why not to do that. Their responses were “scientific” instead of aesthetic.
For those of us with our modelling years behind us, it’s less of an issue.
How about you for a Sunday morning?
- now that Ontario is in Stage 2 (except Kingsville and Leamington) are you booked for a refresh?
- how long is the wait to get into your favourite salon? I drove through town yesterday and the fancy salon looked packed and there was a lineup at the barber shop
- is there a real reason for not doing colouring yourself? After all, Richard did it…
- I didn’t even know if Grecian Formula was still a product until I did a search and saw places offering it for sale. Do you prefer the slow so that nobody notices approach?
- will you use the COVID pandemic as an excuse for getting away from the colouring and return to a natural shade of whatever you are?
- how do you feel about getting hair cut/coloured while wearing a mask? Is there a fumes issue?
Since we’re all in this together, there’s nothing to hide. Me? I left a little grey. Actually, a lot of grey.
Please share your thoughts – it doesn’t have to be yours but someone you know – in the comments below.
All of the Whatever happened to … topics are available here.
This post originated on:
If you read it anywhere else, it’s not the original.