Here’s a summary of some of the things I learned and published this week.
You can follow my daily readings as they happen here. Below are a selected few, with commentary, from the past week.
- This is something that I’ve always wondered about. It was interesting seeing all the cameras watching me in Niagara Falls this past week. In residential areas, are we safer?
- This is a very powerful story of coming to Canada and doing well as a result.
- This will make you think. Is the answer because of competition rather than belief?
- One of the downfalls of choice or a desire to exempt yourself from programs designed for the public good actually endangers everyone else. It’s not just schools; these people go to other public places as well.
- I never thought that the browsing wars would be affected this way with the Edge browser. Other than using it on Windows 10 to download something else, very few use it. Will that change?
- For my teacher-librarian and librarian friends. I’ll bet you can’t read this list and not laugh.
- Interesting read. I wonder if it caught the eye of anyone at Google? Sure, you can make money but can you make boatloads of money?
- Good news for my Chromebook. It gets another year to live. I haven’t noticed any appreciable degrade in the battery life so that’s good too.
- I do indeed think that it is hypocritical and totally pushes the use to a different and more dangerous level. Instead of addressing the issue, this just creates other problems.
- One of the things that I had hoped to accomplish would have been to provide learning opportunities for presenters such as described here.
- Of course, not everyone will want the Edge browser on their machine. Strong message here from a Linux user.
- I found it unbelievable to find out, in discussions at Bring IT, Together, that there are still school boards using Windows 7 as the basis for their image.
- This was interesting. I hadn’t heard about anyone using Cardboard anymore. Will it return now that it’s open sourced?
- I’m sure that we could all add to this list but it’s a good start.
Blog Posts on doug … off the record
My daily contributions to this blog.
- Sunday – My Week Ending November 3, 2019
- Monday – Getting serious about privacy
- Tuesday – Headed to Niagara Falls
- Wednesday – Last minute decisions
- Thursday – Niagara Falls needs a dog
- Friday – This Week in Ontario Edublogs
- Saturday – Inspiring educators
- Sunday – Whatever happened to … Bozo the Clown?
#FollowFriday – November 8, 2019
My on demand radio page can be found here.
This week’s show recorded live at the Bring IT, Together Conference with special guest Ramona Meharg – https://voiced.ca/podcast_episode_post/november-6/
Blog posts this week came from:
- Tim King – @tk1ng
- Tina Zita – @tina_zita
- Paul McGuire – @mcguirp
- Deanna McLennan – @McLennan1977
- Rola Tibshirani – @rolat
This probably isn’t a big deal but I hate it when things change.
I used to be able to embed my voicEd Radio show “This Week in Ontario Edublogs” into WordPress. Now, I just end up with a link to the podcast on the site.
I don’t know if it’s something that WordPress is doing or whether voicEd doesn’t like to be embedded.
Or maybe a combination of both.
Video of the Week
Do Canadians really appreciate what it means to be at war?
Wear a poppy tomorrow and attend a service if you can.
Photo of the Week
The Canadian Navy had a boat in town recently and I got a picture. It seems appropriate leading into Remembrance Day to include it here. It was huge and it’s difficult to get it all in with a phone.
Thanks for reading. Please join me daily for something new and, hopefully, interesting.
This blog post was originally posted at:
If you find it anywhere else, it’s not original.
One thought on “My Week Ending 2019-11-10”