… Tommy Hunter?
Otherwise known as Canada’s Country Gentleman.
I happened to have the Country Classics channel on the other day as I was doing some work and I heard a voice that I hadn’t heard for a long time. I looked over to see it was Tommy Hunter. Wow, that goes back.
So often, when you get a memory like that and look it up, the results are kind of sad. Not in this case.
Just poking around and reading the information was great and certainly brought back of listening to the Tommy Hunter Show with the family.
It was interesting to see how he was honoured but one thing I didn’t know was that there’s a Tommy Hunter Way in London, Ontario. I was in London just this past week and was only a few blocks away!
Who knew? Certainly not me and I get a kick from learning something new as a blogger.
For a Sunday, your thoughts …
- Did you listen to the music from the Tommy Hunter show?
- Did you know about Tommy Hunter Way? I’d hate to think I was the only one!
- What other street or freeway can you think of that has been named after a famous Canadian? Around here, the Herb Gray Parkway and Bruce Crozier Way come to mind.
- I hope you had a chance to play that Youtube video above. Have you heard that song before?
- I’m trying to think of a show that’s focused on a single musical act these days and I’ve got nothing. Can you think of one?
As always, I enjoy reading your comments so please take a moment to add them below.
This is a regular Sunday feature on this blog. You can find all of the past posts here.