Here’s a summary of some of the things I learned and published this week.
You can follow my daily readings as they happen here. Below are a selected few, with commentary, from the past week.
- Growing communities need more schools. Finding the perfect location for them isn’t always easy.
- For me, I either faked the answer or made up a big list and saved it for a trip to the library.
- I don’t know about you but I would use KDE. It would be a nicer approach and stop endless configuring to try and get the same effect.
- If you’re tired or leery of Google Chrome, here’s a good article about how to migrate to Firefox.
- This is good news. I wonder how long it becomes before you could take your existing computer into a store and just have them replace the internals and you walk away with an upgrade. There’s so much on a computer that doesn’t actually need to be thrown away.
- A good Computer Science story from places other than Ontario where it remains an optional course with no growth in sight. Supporting some initiatives for your students is a start but a concerted effort right through Grade 12 is needed.
- Who doesn’t like going out on a warm humid evening and enjoying fireflies? Apparently, this is a good year for it.
- Great suggestions for decluttering. Now, if I could just get my butt into gear and make some of this happen.
- Claris is back! Hands up if you remember Clarisworks. It never was all that intuitive to me. I don’t think different, I guess.
- The Big Mac undergoes a facelift. Will it make it better?
- If you’re looking for a little summer professional computer learning, then ECOOcamp Peterborough is for you. The success from Owen Sound heads east.
- Here’s an article that will take you back to Teachers’ College. Do you remember Jean Piaget?
- LibreOffice is my go-to office suite for local use. It’s now upgraded to version 6.3.
- What does it say about you if you have “suffered” through just about all of these?
Blog Posts on doug … off the record
My daily contributions to this blog.
- Sunday – My Week Ending August 4, 2019
- Monday – Happy Civic Holiday
- Tuesday – ECOO Board of Directors, 2019/2002
- Wednesday – Hot, hot, hot
- Thursday – A little bling
- Friday – This Week in Ontario Edublogs
- Saturday – Edutwitter Celebrities
- Sunday – Whatever happened to … white tennis balls?
#FollowFriday – August 9, 2019
My on demand radio page can be found here.
There was no voicEd Radio show this week but there was a blogpost!
Blog posts this week came from:
It’s Sunday and time to complain about another issue with the new block editor with WordPress. See the list above of the blog posts that I used in my Friday post?
Suppose I want to add one more name to the bottom of the list. @dougpete say. I’d copy it and paste it, right?
Nope. Intermittently, and that’s the worst part, it would also copy the original group as well.
Video of the Week
I wish I had remembered this song when I wrote yesterday’s post…
Photo of the Week
Inspired by Jennifer Aston, we now have wild flowers planted around the place. I swear these doubled in size over night.
Thanks for reading. Please join me daily for something new and, hopefully, interesting.
This blog post was originally posted at:
If you find it anywhere else, it’s not original.