Here’s a summary of some of the things I learned and published this week.
You can follow my daily readings as they happen here. Below are a selected few, with commentary, from the past week.
- This article asks the questions that I suspect that many people have asked and get frustrated when there are no hard and fast research results about screen time. We use what we think is common sense?
- I suspect all school districts have opted for this option as it makes for easy support and IT departments like to stiffly creativity at times.
- I know that the library technician is often painted as an equal replacement but I agree that there’s nothing better than a well qualified teacher-librarian.
- Like Apple or don’t like Apple; you have to admit that they have had some pretty good commercials.
- Here’s an example of a principal who goes far above and beyond to support literacy.
- I wondered why there was a lineup outside Shoppers the other day. I think I’ll hold off for a bit yet!
- This is good news for Linux Mint users. There has been a rash of stories about its demise lately but 19.2 is now available.
- I guess I was just another poor kid in kindergarten. Had I known this, I might have tried harder.
- I suspect that I’m in the minority when I say that I don’t use Emoji all that often. Or is it Emojis? I grew up in a text world online. <grin>
- Warning for me – a time suck lies in the weeds with future versions of Google Chrome.
- Maybe my choices will be based on the science of psychology? Readers know that I’ll use … any shade of green.
- Science has an answer for everything. Until this week, I hadn’t heard of the expression heat done.
- Every time I get an itch now, I go looking for those little buggers.
Blog Posts on doug … off the record
My daily contributions to this blog.
- Sunday – My Week Ending July 14, 2019
- Monday – Coding to learn
- Tuesday – Nifty
- Wednesday – Quick registration
- Thursday – This time for good?
- Friday – This Week in Ontario Edublogs
- Saturday – An interview with Debbie Donsky
- Sunday – Whatever happened to … metal lunch boxes?
#FollowFriday – July 19, 2019
My on demand radio page can be found here.
Opening song this week:
Blog posts this week came from:
Sadly, the problem with using a template is that sometimes changes don’t get put into effect.
I noticed this when I was including links to the blog posts from my blog this week. (See above)
Some of the links didn’t go to the posts that they were supposed to, instead linking to a previous week’s post. That means that I messed up.
The worst part is that nobody complained. Maybe they’re just not helpful.
Video of the Week
Photo of the Week
Saturday in the park was different at Colchester yesterday. You’ve seen lots of pictures of it from me if you follow me on social media. It’s a beautiful walk out into Lake Erie. Sadly, with the high water levels, the lake comes closer to land to meet us.
This blog post was originally posted at:
If you find it anywhere else, it’s not original.