… Pantry cookies?
This is a real question, looking for an answer!
My grandparents always had Pantry Ginger cookies on hand. They came in a red box with a clear cellophane cover. They were an odd shape; not round but with swooped in sides and flat. The name Pantry was stamped in the middle of them.
They weren’t particularly sweet – just crunchy and had a nice ginger taste to them. I’d forgotten about them until a few years ago when I happened to notice them on the shelves at Sobey’s. I impulsed bought them and my wife became a new convert! We enjoyed them for a while and then they were no longer on the shelves. We went to the two other shopping options in town No Frills and Walmart but couldn’t find them there either.
What to do? What to do? I turned to the internet and, for the life of me, couldn’t find reference to them or even a picture of the box. The closest I could find was another person who misses them here.
It was a bit confirming that I wasn’t living in a world of my own making up memories.
For a Sunday, your thought please…
- Do you remember Pantry cookies?
- Are you a fan of ginger or gingerbread cookies? They don’t appeal to all.
- What’s your favourite ginger cookie? Recommendations?
- Have you ever had a favourite product that just went away with no forwarding address?
- Most importantly – are they still available where you shop and I’m just isolated?
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.