Here’s a summary of some of the things I learned and published this week.
You can follow my daily readings as they happen here. Below are a selected few, with commentary, from the past week.
- There were survivors in the Notre Dame fire. Lots of them. Read about it here.
- This is an inspirational story that shares how a community can come together to combat big business and bad dealings.
- I don’t know how something can qualify to be in the “top 10” when you’re talking about computer techniques but these are worth a look if you’re a Chromebook user.
- And they blew it. Any Boston fans now?
- If you’re a user of OneNote, you’ll find all kinds of things to do with it in this article. It also lets you take notes.
- I don’t have any sympathy for these people. They put me in danger and put you in danger.
- Until I had read this article, I had no idea that Microsoft had developed another programming language. Didn’t Google and Apple also do so?
- It’s actually pretty easily done if you want to do add extensions. But, someone wrote an article to make sure you don’t screw up.
- Maybe you’re not using OneNote but Google Keep instead. Here are some tips.
- I cut my drawing teeth with Windows Paint. It’s good to read that it’s not scheduled for the digital dump just yet.
- Does anyone really need an i9 processor? There are still lots of higher end looking PCs running with i5s. If this sounds like it’s coming from a cheapskate, you’re right.
- You knew this was coming. School districts aren’t going to have the wide variety of courses to offer that they once had. The timing was a bit surprising for me.
- We decided that we were going to plant a new tree in our yard. It’s not going to make a different like 50 million but it’s a start.
- If you’re concerned about detecting whether or not you are using incognito mode, this will show you how to prevent it.
Blog Posts on doug … off the record
My daily contributions to this blog.
- Sunday – My Week Ending April 21, 2019
- Monday – Try it yourself
- Tuesday – That’s been around for years
- Wednesday – A Scratch curriculum
- Thursday – You’re not a union
- Friday – This Week in Ontario Edublogs
- Saturday – Simplify your email
- Sunday – Whatever happened to … skipping to school?
My on demand radio page can be found here.
Opening song this week:
The latest #TWIOE show features blog posts from:
This was a strange one even for me.
I went into an online meeting on Friday morning like I’d done so many times. Only this time, I couldn’t hear anything.
I tried every technical thing I could.
- made sure the speakers were plugged in and on
- turned up the volume
- left the room and reentered
- checked the settings in the room
- and probably a whole bunch of other things
It was too bad. I had time before the meeting to set up my reference notes on an external monitor connected to my laptop. The connection was HDMI.
Guess what? My computer decided to use that monitor with no speakers as my default output. Whaaaaa?
A couple of clicks later and I’d returned the output to where it should be.
Video of the Week
Photo of the Week
The only good thing about a morning rain is the rainbow.
Please join me daily and I hope that you check in next Sunday for a summary of my week.
Thanks for reading.
This blog post was originally posted at:
If you find it anywhere else, it’s not original.