Here’s a summary of some of the things I learned and published this week.
You can follow my daily readings as they happen here. Below are a selected few, with commentary, from the past week.
- If you’re a Windows user, you might want to check out the Easter Egg in this application.
- Privacy is just a thing of the past. I think we have to come to grips with just how much we’re prepared to give up just to get along in society today.
- I think I could have come up with a better title than this and somehow brought in the X-Files in the process.
- For every story about the problems with Windows 10, there’s a positive one. This is a really positive one. Just stay updated though.
- This comment from the Premier started the fur flying this week. You’d think that a business person would realize that there are two ultimate actions in a failed bit of bargaining – lock out or strike. Both are legitimate and legal options.
- It may well be no silver bullet but I can’t imagine a world without it. Much as we like to think of the 1950s as golden, they are tarnished if you look at them objectively.
- I’m still floored when I hear that there are parents that don’t read to their children. It’s one of the best things about being a parent – snuggling and looking together.
- This is good news for fans of the Notre Dame cathedral. I was surprised to see how many friends that I had who had visited and shared their pictures this week.
- If you haven’t heard about the Brave browser, you owe it to yourself to take a look and see if it deserves a home on your computer.
- It was an interesting headline for sure. But, the response from the chair of the Catholic Board indicates that it won’t happen if it relies on them.
- It’s interesting to see headlines like this coming from communities that I would normally consider as being very conservative.
- While not coming from a Canadian study, the content is definitely serious and all parents and teachers need to be concerned.
- If you like to tweak, you need to move to Linux. Here are some new icon themes for Ubuntu.
- Until we used it for online CSTA meetings, I had never heard of the Zoom conferencing app. I like it.
Blog Posts on doug … off the record
My daily contributions to this blog.
- Sunday – My Week Ending April 14, 2019
- Monday – Driving distracted
- Tuesday – Now what?
- Wednesday – Easy cuts
- Thursday – The path
- Friday – This Week in Ontario Edublogs
- Saturday – Them’s fighting words
- Sunday – Whatever happened to … Geocities?
Here’s who I tagged as “Active” last Friday morning.
My on demand radio page can be found here.
Opening song this week:
The latest #TWIOE show features blog posts from:
With this title “Now what?” this week,
I looked at the end and saw the -3. I let WordPress generate the URL for my posts so this was its way of telling me that I had used the title three times.
Out of curiosity, and I don’t do this enough, I took a look at what the other two posts were about.
I blog about the darnedest things.
Video of the Week
Photo of the Week
A beautiful shot while out dog walking. As soon as the leaves come, you won’t be able to see it all. Trails give you insights to all kinds of things that you’d otherwise drive by in a car.
Please join me daily and I hope that you check in next Sunday for a summary of my week.
Thanks for reading.
This blog post was originally posted at:
If you find it anywhere else, it’s not original.