… the Pink Panther?
I knew that I had to follow up on the Popeye post with this one!
It was first year university. I lived in an apartment with three other guys. Two of us studied Mathematics and Computer Science, one in Engineering, and the other in Physics.
Every afternoon from either 4-4:30 or 4:30-5, we gathered in the living room to watch the Pink Panther show. Typically, it was 3 or 4 cartoons with the Panther, Inspector, or the Aardvark. If memory serves me correctly, it was broadcast on CHCH from Hamilton. So, that’s where we relaxed after a day of learning with two exceptions. Seldom it happened on Tuesdays because that was $0.99 steak night at Ponderosa. If it was your turn to cook supper, you’d be in the kitchen while the others watched the show.
I still remember the words to the theme song. (you should be laughing if you get it).
The Pink Panther also became a movie where we see arguably the funniest gag ever.
How’s your pink for a Sunday morning?
- Did you ever watch the Pink Panther cartoons?
- The show also featured a cartoon with the Aardvark and the ….?
- What role did Peter Sellers play in the Pink Panther movies?
- In the movie, what actually was the Pink Panther?
- What affect did Inspector Clouseau have on Chief Inspector Dreyfus?
- Who was responsible for the music for the cartoon and the movies?
Who’s with me in these fond memories? Please share your thoughts in the comments.
If you have any other great ideas for a Sunday morning memory, just let me know. I have this Padlet set up to collect ideas.
This post originally appeared on…
If you saw it anywhere else, it’s not the original