Here’s a summary of some of the things I learned and published this week.
You can follow my daily readings as they happen here. Here are a selected few, with commentary, from the past week.
- A good story to remind the Ontario government and the teacher federations that there are students caught up in this. Their voice and needs need to be heard.
- It’s always important to keep the updates rolling on your computer devices. Here’s a look at Windows updates.
- Only if I had money to burn would I buy a leather laptop cover. But, I’ve never been accused of being a fashion plate.
- Interesting that Linux would have cheat sheets. Doesn’t everyone just compile their own?
- Information would take how much room? Note that there’s no discussion on the quality of that information though.
- So, the new Edge has been leaked on line. The conspiracy theorist in me wonders if instructions to do so came from the top!
- If you’re a computer manufacturer, this is definitely not the type of information that you want to have happened and then have the world know about it.
- News, Apple style.
- Another list I’m not on. But, on the other hand, I don’t have to pay the type of income taxes that those on the Sunshine List have to pay.
- I had to read this a couple of times and watch the video to realize that the apology to Manitoba was legit and not a Beaverton story.
- Absolutely, the choice about Artificial Intelligence should be driven by you and me and everyone who wants to take charge.
- And, it starts by saying “No, I don’t want fries with that”.
- Wouldn’t you think that Apple would have resolved the issue with their keyboards by now?
- Maybe this is true. When was the last time something really new and innovative came along? And, not a rehash of what someone else has done.
Blog Posts on doug … off the record
My daily contributions to this blog.
- Sunday – My Week Ending March 24, 2019
- Monday – Numeracy in one spot
- Tuesday – Email tracking
- Wednesday – At what cost?
- Thursday – Earth hour
- Friday – This Week in Ontario Edublogs
- Saturday – Great movies
- Sunday – Whatever happened to … those great computer keyboards?
Here’s who I tagged as “Active” last Friday morning.
My on demand radio page can be found here.
Opening song this week:
The latest #TWIOE show features blog posts from:
When all else fails, reinstall.
How many times have you heard that? How many times recently?
Things have actually got far more reliable recently. I do remember a time when a piece of software would just take on its on action and become unreliable. You’d tweak and tweak and then give up and re-install. Typically, it would be to go back to the original CD-ROM or DVD-ROM and install. Then, you’d go about letting it reinstall updates.
I had a program go bad on me this week and decided to reinstall. But, we’ve come a long way. The software never came on physical media. It was downloadable. So, when I did a download to reinstall, the latest and greatest version of the software was what got installed.
We’ve come a long way.
Video of the Week
This big kid likes to learn about dinosaurs too.
My Favourite Photo of the Week
My amazing daughter made these centre pieces for a recent event she was involved in. I wish I was this creative.
Thanks for reading.
This blog post was originally posted at:
If you find it anywhere else, it’s not original.