Here’s a summary of some of the things I learned and published this week.
You can follow my daily readings as they happen here. Here are a selected few, with commentary, from the past week.
- Great advice to throw back any time someone says that SAMR explains it all.
- This is an amazing piece of information about a practical use of AI. I’d be even more impressed if they could program it to work in front of a green screen!
- This sounds like a fabulous product. At the same time, we’re hearing about all the bad things that could potentially come from the company. Who’s right? Is the product safe?
- Great advice for anyone putting together a technology conference.
- I’m intrigued by foldable phones. Will they ever come to the consumer or are they just proof of concept? How durable will they be? Do I really need a $2 000 phone?
- Stick this into your Chromebook and you might have enough for a small server.
- Excellent news for my old high school.
- This is great advice to heed whenever anyone makes claims about statements supporting negative positions. Challenge everything.
- Great news if you’re a fan of Visual Basic.
- Microsoft Chrome just doesn’t roll off the tongue yet. Maybe some day? Here’s what you need to know.
- I am a fan of dark themes so naturally had to read this article.
- “Doom across the curriculum”. Sign me up!
- I can’t believe the negativity that comments to this story generated. C’mon people, we’re Canadian. A Zamboni story should be fun. And mathematical. We don’t jump over problems that start “A boy walks into the grocery store and buys 146 pumpkins”
- Does the moon need a library?
Blog Posts on doug … off the record
My daily contributions to this blog.
- Sunday – My Week Ending February 24, 2019
- Monday – EdCamp London 2019
- Tuesday – Challenge your students
- Wednesday – Fair Use / Fair Dealing Week
- Thursday – Does familiarity breed illiteracy?
- Friday – This Week in Ontario Edublogs
- Saturday – @voicEd #twioe Playlist – Weeks 106-110
- Sunday – Whatever happened to … 640 x 480?
Here’s who I tagged as “Active” last Friday morning.
My on demand radio page can be found here.
Opening song this week:
The latest #TWIOE show features blog posts from:
Confession time – I did go back to the new Gutenberg editor her on WordPress.
The reason? With all the promotion, it has to be the future.
But, with yesterday’s post, I ran into the same problem. I had scheduled a post and wanted to go back and edit it again.
But, I couldn’t figure out how to do that. It was sitting at the “scheduled” screen and wasn’t budging.
So, I’m back to the classic editor again.
Video of the Week
It’s time to lobby the weather …
My Favourite Photo of the Week
Friends who listen to This Week in Ontario Edublogs may be aware of the clock falling off the wall during our live show a couple of weeks ago.
Here’s the offender. It’s 100% metal so you’ll understand why it made so much noise.
I love this clock. It was always hanging on my workplace wall.
Now the hour hand is bent.
Thanks for reading.
This blog post was originally posted at:
If you find it anywhere else, it’s not original.