There was an incredible response by potential presenters with the Call for Proposals for the Bring IT, Together Conference in Niagara Falls on November 6-8, 2018. There are many original and innovative topics that you’ll find in the program.
Those successful with their proposals have been notified. Registration for the conference will be done through the conference website – http://bringittogether.ca
The conference committee has announced the keynote speakers:
- Opening Keynote → Dave Cormier – http://davecormier.com/edblog/
- Closing Keynote → Max Strossel – http://www.maxstossel.com/
Long time Bring IT, Together Conference attendees should note a few changes for this year.
- The conference will run Tuesday – Thursday to avoid conflicting with Remembrance Day assemblies
- The Scotiabank Convention Centre has opened new conference rooms letting the Conference Committee plan for more even more concurrent sessions
- Conference registration will be handled by a new management system
You can’t argue with success. Previous attendees will recognize some of the most popular elements…
- Tuesday will feature full day and half day hands-on workshops including the fabulous Minds on Media event which allows participants to ‘drive their own learning’ in a technology-rich environment with multiple learning centres supported by leading Ontario educators
- Wednesday and Thursday will be packed with keynote and breakout sessions
- An expanded Exhibitor Hall lets you experience the latest and newest educational technologies
- Conference Hotels are right across the road from the Convention Centre. Everything is walkable. The Conference Committee has negotiated special conference rates for rooms
- The Conference Committee is committed to providing social events outside the regular schedule so that you can mix with other Ontario educators
- Sessions delivered in French will be available throughout the conference
- The conference remains a partnership between the Educational Computing Organization of Ontario and the Ontario Association of School Business Officials – Information and Computer Technology (ECOO, OASBO-ICT). We proudly call it a conference for “both sides of the educational computing house”
- There are more administrative sessions accepted this year than ever which should appeal to principals, vice-principals, supervisory officers, etc.
- And, of course, no technology conference would be without connectivity everywhere – make sure you bring your device(s) and use them well. Charging stations will be available throughout the Conference Centre
Conference attendance will have you meeting educators from throughout the province. This shared learning works best when you are part of a team. Talk to colleagues, your principal and superintendent of computer/technology about joining you in this learning experience.
The conference will be attended by Teachers, Principals, Computer Consultants, Superintendents, Directors of Education, CIOs, ICT Managers, ICT Technicians, Support staff and TeLO Technology Enabled Learning & Teaching Contacts & District eLearning Contacts.
Follow the conference on Twitter – @bit4ontedu
Updates will be posted on the Bring IT, Together website – http://www.bringittogether.ca
This is cross posted on the ECOO website – http://www.ecoo.org