I’ve always liked that Groucho Marx quotation and have used it on many occasions.
I said it to myself the other day. I had dropped into a conversation that I thought was going to be a resource sharing session. Nothing could be further from the truth.
It was one case after another of people trying to out jargon each other.
In summation, it had nothing that I would consider particularly useful (at least for me).
In order to have participated, I think I would have had to say things like:
- We will embrace metacognitive culminating products through cognitive disequilibrium.
- We will innovate discipline-based capacity across content areas.
- We will disintermediate flipped technologies across content areas.
- We will enable diverse efficacies across spatial and temporal scales.
- I’ll shut down the bluetooth AGP virus, that should hack the MP3 network!
- enthusiastically incentivize an expanded array of processes
- assertively foster value-added technologies
- grow proactive relationships
Yeah, that’s what I should have said. What any of this means is beyond me.
And, if you want to play Bingo, check out this post from Joanne Jacobs.
Thanks to the following resources.
- Tech Bullshit Generator
- The Corporate B.S. Generator
- Jargon Generator
- Amaze Your Education Colleagues
I should write a book.