One of my first questions when I meet an educator is “what’s the address of your blog?”
I do it for a couple of reasons. First, I love reading educational blogs; secondly, I think it’s important to impress upon others the need for having an online, professional presence.
Sadly, the answer doesn’t always generate a new resource for my learning. Often, I’ll get answers like:
- What’s a blog?
- I don’t have time to blog
- It’s all been said. I have nothing to contribute
- Blogging is just one big echo chamber
- My principal or superintendent reads blogs and I don’t want to get into trouble for having an opinion
- I don’t want to be wrong and have someone else criticise me
- I don’t want to create a bad blog
Originally written for Jisc, you can read the entire post here.