As 2014 winds down, Google has released its “Year in Review” showing us what we searched for on the service.
The review provides very worthwhile classroom activities for the next couple of days.
So, stick a candy cane in your mouth and …
- ask just what trending actually means
- work your way through the list and see who knows / remembers the significance of the event. (if not, they could Google it…)
- were there any events that surprised you making the list?
- ask how does Google results compare with Bing’s results?
- compare 2014 trends with 2013 trends
- what would the search trends be at your school / class?
- what would you predict to be the trends for 2015?
This is a great opportunity to dig just a little deeper into something that everyone takes for granted.