LEARNstyle has long been a good friend of ECOO and they will return to offer a full-day’s worth of activities this year.
In the past, you may have associated LEARNstyle with its Google and Assistive Technology content and training. As we discussed a partnership this year with LEARNstyle, we pointed out that there are other offerings being used throughout the province. LEARNstyle was quick to respond. Their offerings this year will go far beyond a series of Google workshops. (although there’s still plenty of Google there if you wish)
With their offerings, they’re truly headed to the Cloud.
There are essentially four areas where you’ll find LEARNstyle’s presence at the Bring IT, Together Conference.
- In the Exhibit Hall. Again this year, drop by the LEARNstyle booth to talk with the Cunninghams and their staff about all of the areas that are supported.
- LEARNstyle’s CLOUD STYLE Conference (Google Focus)
- Google Classroom, Google Chrome in the French Language Classroom, Strategies for Flipping a Classroom using Google tools
- LEARNstyle’s CLOUD STYLE Conference (Microsoft Focus)
- Introduction to Microsoft in the Cloud, OneNote in the Classroom, Office 365 in the 21st Century
- LEARNstyle’s CLOUD STYLE UNconference-ENGLISH AND FRENCH
- This will be a truly unique learning experience. The format will follow that of an unconference where you can join conversations with others from around the province. There will be an additional twist – some Ontario educational startup companies have been invited to demonstrate and talk about educational offerings that just might impact your classroom some day. Here’s an opportunity for you to see things first and provide initial feedback about design and usability.
If that wasn’t enough, D.J. Cunningham, the CEO of LEARNstyle and Joe Wilson, Educational Strategist from the MaRS Discovery District will deliver keynote style presentations to all in attendance for the LEARNstyle events.
This is a really fluid, unique opportunity for Ontario Educators. If you are interested in more than you can learn by yourself or through what your district currently offers, this is a wonderful opportunity to do so. If you’ve never been to an unconference event like an edCamp, you can experience it here with the potential of making connections from all corners of the province, in both languages.