Yesterday, the Call for Presenters for the BringITTogether conference went live. The conference, a partnership of the Educational Computing Organization of Ontario (ECOO) and the Ontario Association of School Business Officials – ICT (OASBO-ICT), will take place November 5-7, 2014 in Niagara Falls, Ontario. It brings together both the educational and administrative portions of computer technology in the K-12 classroom.
Already announced are two keynote speakers, Richard Byrne and George Couros. Now, Richard and George probably don’t read this blog so I’ll let you know that the real rockstars of the show are Ontario educators and those in education who share what’s happening in their classrooms or sphere of influence. That’s you!
If you presented last year or wish you did, plan now to join us in November.
Where do I get ideas for a presentation?
- Consider the great things that you do in your classroom daily. Shouldn’t that be shared?
- Join and discuss topics in the Facebook Group
- Take a look for ideas on the Facebook Page
- Look at the topics offered last year. If you couldn’t attend a session, email the presenter(s) to do a repeat
- Your school is piloting a technology or methodology – share it and be open to discussion.
You’ll find the form to submit a proposal here.
Click the button for your favoured language and begin.
There are actually a number of formats from the single session (50 minutes, Thursday/Friday) to full-on workshops (all day on Wednesday)
The conference is fueled by the great efforts that are happening in classrooms like yours. Why not take the time to share your successes?