After prodding from Sheila Stewart, who I had previously tagged in a blogging meme, here are my responses to her questions.
What is your favourite season or month? Share a reason, if you wish.
- Summer – I love swimming. There’s nothing better.
Where would you like to travel next?
- Given the current weather, staying in the Sun Parlor and the occasional dog walk, works nicely for me.
What band/music do you enjoy that you discovered through a recommendation from a person younger than you?
- Mumford & Sons thanks to my daughter
What do you plan to eat more of in 2014?
- That’s a tough question. It depends on the mood and the location. But, if it’s on the menu, I will order Mapo doufu.
What is your favourite flower or plant or tree?
- Oddly, I’ve taken an interest in cactus. A neighbour gave us a cutting once and said “Just stick it in the ground”. It has now grown to take over that corner of the garden.
What rock or crystal are you curious about?
- Amethyst (do I get extra credit?)
What was your most memorable grade level in school?
- Without a doubt, first year of university. Everything I thought I knew about learning was new again.
What book or author are you enjoying lately?
- My current read is a manuscript from a friend of mine.
Book or movie first?
Sweet or spicy?
- Spicy with Szechuan being number one on the list.
Why did you begin to blog? Do you blog for the same reason now?
- I’d experimented off and on but didn’t see the real rationale until a Will Richardson workshop at the Western RCAC. His dispelled the notion that you blog for one particular purpose and that made things easier for me. I continue to do that; no rules mean that you can blog about anything that is of current interest.
Thanks for pushing, Sheila. It’s just like being interviewed.