CSTA ANNOUNCEMENTS LISTSERV
The deadline for session and workshop proposals for the 2014 CSTA conference on K-12 computer science education is November 15, 2013.
In addition to 3-hour workshops and 1-hour sessions, this year’s conference will include a limited number of 20-minute mini-sessions that focus on pedagogy and best teaching practices.
Proposals for all three session types must include:
· the names and contact information for all presenters
· an overview of the session
· a description of the intended audience (level, knowledge, …)
· a description of session activity (in sufficient detail for an informed decision)
· presenter background and presentation experience
All proposals will be peer reviewed and submitters will be notified of a decision in early January 2014. Submissions will be evaluated on the following criteria:
· technical quality
· writing and presentation
· relevance to CSTA (focus on K-12 computer science or information technology)
Successful proposers should expect to be asked to submit a reasonably final copy of their presentation by June 8, 2014.
Proposals must be submitted online at: https://www.softconf.com/d/csta2014
Additional conference details can be found at: http://www.cstaconference.org.
We look forward to receiving your proposals and to your attendance at the symposium.