The Educational Computing Organization of Ontario will feature a number of new things which the organizing committee hopes serve to enhance the conference experience. This post focuses on a new meeting area that will be located in the Exhibit Hall at #ECOO13. The committee has really struggled with naming it and defining just what’s going to happen. It’s finally decided – it’s called “The Learning Space”.
In a perfect world, it’s designed just to be a wide open space that will allow for groups of educators just to chat about things. We hope the world is perfect!
This is an invitation to any and all registered for the conference. Come in and take a load off. There will be couches for just a place to relax and talk about things.
Since the concept is new to the ECOO Conference, we’ve elected to “seed” the area with some of the social media rockstars that you’ll find online, sharing their wisdom about education, in particular the Ontario context. But there are definitely open spots to allow you to extend the invitation “Meet me at the Learning Space” so that you can have a chat of your own.
Wednesday, October 23
- Open Collaboration
Thursday, October 24
- 9:30 – 11:00 am – @flyonthecwall: “Twitter Chatting”
- 11:00 – 12:00 pm – Scott Kemp @kempscott: “Innovative Assessment”
- 12:00 – 1:00 pm – Zoe Branigan-Pipe @zbpipe: “Gaming in Education”
- 1:00 – 2:00 pm – Rodd Lucier @thecleversheep: iApp swap meet: “Got ‘em; Need ‘em;Trade ‘em”
- 2:00 – 3:00 pm – Andrew Campbell @acampbell99: “Corporate influences in Ontario education”
- 3:00 – 4:00 pm – Jamie Reaburn-Weir: “Work/Life/Technology Balance”
- 4:00 – 6:00 pm – Open Collaboration (social going on in vendor hall)
Friday, October 25
- 9:30 – 10:00 am – Open Collaboration
- 10:00 – 11:00 am – Tanya Morton: “Assistive Tech in Your Classroom (any…well many, devices!)”
- 11:00 – 12:00 pm – Kim Gill @Gill_Ville: “Planning an EdCamp”
Plans are also underway to have a real-life Twitter Wall so that you can sign in and leave your mark.
Image in the Public Domain
Writing space with Idea Paint will be provided to make sure that you have the facility to doodle your thoughts and pass them along.
Please make sure to drop by and meet the above and others while at the conference.
Please share your thoughts here. I’d enjoy reading them.